Is a Seasonic 520 S12II enough for this system?

Ionutz11

So I  am building a PC and wondering if the PSU is alright for this sytem.

Specs:

Motherboard: B450M 

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

RAM: Kingston Predator 2x8 DDR4 2666 mHz

SSD: 256 gb

HDD: WD Blue 1tb

GPU: Msi gtx 1660 super gaming X 

1 minute ago, Ionutz11 said:

So I  am building a PC and wondering if the PSU is alright for this sytem.

Specs:

Motherboard: B450M 

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

RAM: Kingston Predator 2x8 DDR4 2666 mHz

SSD: 256 gb

HDD: WD Blue 1tb

GPU: Msi gtx 1660 super gaming X 

It's fine. 

there is some better products for what would you pay for a S12II maybe.....

5 minutes ago, Oalei said:

there is some better products for what would you pay for a S12II maybe.....

He probably reused his old PSU for new build. AFAIK ryzen don't have deep sleep states so the PSU is okish. It's not amazing, it will regulate adequately, but it might have some funky behaviour under weird crossloads. I would try it first, if there will be bsods or crashes, you could always change the PSU. 

12 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

AFAIK ryzen don't have deep sleep states

it does...

also, crossloads aren't doing funky stuff, they just bring 5v out of spec with this

If you already have that PSU, then use it. If you are looking for a new PSU, get a Bitfenix Formula 450w and call it a day.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it does...

also, crossloads aren't doing funky stuff, they just bring 5v out of spec with this

It doesn't have the same deep states as haswell which was causing problems to group regulated psus. AMD deep states are less agressive. 

18 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

He probably reused his old PSU for new build. AFAIK ryzen don't have deep sleep states so the PSU is okish. It's not amazing, it will regulate adequately, but it might have some funky behaviour under weird crossloads. I would try it first, if there will be bsods or crashes, you could always change the PSU. 

if its reused then fine if its not just get a better one instead.

1 minute ago, RainingTacco said:

It doesn't have the same deep states as haswell which was causing problems to group regulated psus. AMD deep states are less agressive. 

first you claim they aren't a thing, now you claim they're different?

also, that has NOTHING to do with crossloads, as that's mostly because you're loading the 12v further up with a good modern system, which makes 5v go out of spec because of group regulation of the 2

So tell me what should i get instead.Keep in mind i don't have EVGA in my country neither Corsair or Cooler Master. I could go with a deepcool DA-700

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

first you claim they aren't a thing, now you claim they're different?

also, that has NOTHING to do with crossloads, as that's mostly because you're loading the 12v further up with a good modern system, which makes 5v go out of spec because of group regulation of the 2

So tell me what should i get instead.Keep in mind i don't have EVGA in my country neither Corsair or Cooler Master. I could go with a deepcool DA-700

12 minutes ago, Ionutz11 said:

Where are you located? Budget-currency? Sample shop or site for price comparisons? :)

22 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Where are you located? Budget-currency? Sample shop or site for price comparisons? :)

Republic of Moldova. I could go with the deepcool DA-700 like i just said. https://www.fantastic.md/category/piese-de-schimb/blocuri-de-alimentare/954 the shop keep in mind also that the parts are more expensive compared to US . I can pick a XILENCE XP630R8 aswell 630w 80 plus bronze

47 minutes ago, Ionutz11 said:

So tell me what should i get instead.

https://www.fantastic.md/product/bloc-de-alimentare-xilence-xp530r8/954-130531?filters=10(1279,1112,1548,1334,1344,1231,1352)

this is the cheapest I'd go

xilence is owned by the same company as be quiet if you're wondering

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

https://www.fantastic.md/product/bloc-de-alimentare-xilence-xp530r8/954-130531?filters=10(1279,1112,1548,1334,1344,1231,1352)

this is the cheapest I'd go

xilence is owned by the same company as be quiet if you're wondering

https://www.fantastic.md/product/bloc-de-alimentare-xilence-xp630r8-performance-a-series/954-129164?filters=10(1231) so i would go with the 630 w option for the sake of the 80plus bronze and the future LED that i will put in my case. Thanks a lot you've really helped me.

Just now, Ionutz11 said:

https://www.fantastic.md/product/bloc-de-alimentare-xilence-xp630r8-performance-a-series/954-129164?filters=10(1231) so i would go with the 630 w option for the sake of the 80plus bronze and the future LED that i will put in my case. Thanks a lot you've really helped me.

no need to pick the 630w one. 1660Ti with i9 9900k overclocked consumes around 270 watts under load. So, with a Ryzen2600&1660ti, you'll be around 240w-s under load. You'll have plenty of headroom with a 530w, you can add as many leds you want :)

24 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

that's a bit optimistic, but i otherwise agree

I only referred to this :

https://www.techspot.com/review/1797-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-ti/

The test System is with a 5.0ghz oc-d 9900k :) but it's irrelevant , with 2600, it won't need that much.