Tons of Markiplier Fans Suspended for no good reason! (Google/Youtube overreach))

OutsideOctaves
3 hours ago, Harry Voyager said:

I wonder if it is time for an entity like the Post Office for email communication? In its day, the post was important enough that its the only business actually in the US Constitution. The rest of it is rules about what the government can, and mostly cannot do, and by the way, establish a post office. Yet now, the vast majored of what people did by mail is now done by email instead.

My general inclination is less government is better, but this might be one of the exceptions. 

I think the USPS should be in charge of email just for the fact that many businesses will likely join the system down due to low costs (USPS has the lowest but generally fastest delivery times) and personal domains. A bank with savings+checking along with low-interest loans would be a better match. Could they still do it? Of course! I'd be glad they did, but with the 50-odd year pension prefill that USPS has to honor, it's impossible without the banking aspect being a source of revenue. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

17 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

yes

and they can "change the terms of service(s)" at any time

why do silly things?

why not do normal things?

also what they did was to teach a lesson and to make people think twice of doing silly, irrational things, to set a precedent.

its good that its been made public, but how many people will it reach, who knows.

it reached linus forum, probably other forums too

so do you flood the chat with emoji's that have been copied and pasted, or flood text, or flood pictures

sure its fun to those certain people

is it normal, no

is it just silly, yes

but being suspended for no good reason

well there is a reason, but that reason is just not good to you

minimizing, yup

I was thinking more along the lines of them being an email hosting service, similar to Yahoo, Hotmail, or Google, ie, your address would be thingy@postoffice.com and it probably would cost some subscription amount, though I expect it would also end up being partly subsidised the way the post office is now, just because of the inefficiencies of not allowed to fail. 

It probably would be surveillancy, but at least it would be under a legal framework that would, in theory be respected, rather than the current we know what our rules are, and don't see any need to tell you anything system we currently seem to have. 

It's an incomplete thought right now. I think I'm going to kick it around a bit until its more cooked. 

On 11/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

In practice I suspect that they would never do this, and if they did it would be a poorly made, slow, unreliable and insecure service no one would want to use, but in theory and in principal, I totally agree.

I disagree, I think that if the government was in control of it it would be a huge leap forward for bringing government from the 20th into the 21st century. It would be the first step of many to ensure that laws become updated to adjust for the massive project that it would be. Its likely only a matter of time before most things become electronic so I think we need to get on internet regulation sooner than later. The only issue though is it might have issues with the amendments because they need to ensure freedom of speech and press.

On 11/11/2019 at 3:59 PM, VegetableStu said:

on the other, "government-run public/business email service" sounds pretty surveillance-y ._.

To think that our corporations don't do the same. At least the gov't would be able to be sued for infringing the BoR. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

On 11/9/2019 at 4:04 PM, Crowbar said:

Who cares?

Google/youtube accounts serve no real purpose anyway. You can still watch videos and use the same services else where without google spying on everything you do.

i agree with you there

but other people dont care, they want their free gmail account, and thats that. it dont matter that gmail will make money off the content of your email messages, nothing is private anymore, they even monitize your web search queries, even if you dont press enter, and you delete it all they will profit off your non search term(s). they hold much power and can sway elections by the searches recieved to the user

if they think a certain group will vote one way, they can ban their accounts

a certain group that watches a certain yt channel, they will ban them in a nano second

google knows more about you, then your own pyschologist/pyschiatrist, because you will lie to the pysch's but google knows the truth about you