How badly am I bottle-necking my computer?

OK so I got this computer from my cousin which he has had for a while. He had 2 1080ti's in his newer build but got 2 new 2080ti's. He gave me the 2 1080ti's along with this computer. When I check the specs I can already tell that I am not using the graphic cards towards its full potential, And I just would like to know what I should do to improve it. I am thinking of getting a new CPU along with more RAM. But other than that I don't know what else I should do. My knowledge of computers is mediocre, I have built one before but I would not consider myself as one to know a lot about computers. All I know is that I am not using this computer to its full potential and I would like your guy's opinion on what I should do to make it better. 

Here is its specs 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Cpu  975 @3.33ghz 

Installed RAM: 8.00 Gb

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti x2

Motherboard: P6X58D PREMIUM

If there is any other things that is needed for this info just ask and Ill prob see it and reply!

Thank you sincerely 

42 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Sell a 1080ti and buy a Ryzen 5 3600, b450 board and 16gb of ddr4, as generic as that response sounds.

Your first gen i7 system is bottlenecking the hell out of 1080ti SLi. However it’s still a decent system, just not a system meant to use 1080ti sli.

Alternaively if you’re happy with the performance of the machine, sell both 1080ti’s and put an RX 570 in there, spend the cash on coke and hookers.

yeah sounds like something i'd do, lul.

55 minutes ago, Monomoto said:

OK so I got this computer from my cousin which he has had for a while. He had 2 1080ti's in his newer build but got 2 new 2080ti's. He gave me the 2 1080ti's along with this computer. When I check the specs I can already tell that I am not using the graphic cards towards its full potential, And I just would like to know what I should do to improve it. I am thinking of getting a new CPU along with more RAM. But other than that I don't know what else I should do. My knowledge of computers is mediocre, I have built one before but I would not consider myself as one to know a lot about computers. All I know is that I am not using this computer to its full potential and I would like your guy's opinion on what I should do to make it better. 

Here is its specs 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Cpu  975 @3.33ghz 

Installed RAM: 8.00 Gb

Motherboard: P6X58D PREMIUM

If there is any other things that is needed for this info just ask and Ill prob see it and reply!

Thank you sincerely 

Yikes. That is way too old. What was he doing with it? Bitcoin mining?

Keep the GPU's, the rest of it's worthless, it is like 10 years old.

16 minutes ago, 2011PCGuy said:

yeah sounds like something i'd do, lul.

I have an R5 2600 @4. MSI X470 Gaming Plus

16GB G.Skill 2833MHz

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 8GB

CINEBENCH 3156

3 hours ago, Monomoto said:

If there is any other things that is needed for this info just ask

What kind of Power Supply you running all of that off of?  You don't wanna use something cheapo if you are going to run two of those things.

That said, the easy pick is to sell a GPU and the older CPU/Mobo/RAM (flip it on Craigslist if you have to) and build fresh with Ryzen 3rd gen.  If you play CPU-heavy games could go for the 3700x 8-core, otherwise Ryzen 5 3600 is fine.

18 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

What kind of Power Supply you running all of that off of?  You don't wanna use something cheapo if you are going to run two of those things.

That said, the easy pick is to sell a GPU and the older CPU/Mobo/RAM (flip it on Craigslist if you have to) and build fresh with Ryzen 3rd gen.  If you play CPU-heavy games could go for the 3700x 8-core, otherwise Ryzen 5 3600 is fine.

Ya turns out that (from what I believe) its around a 400 watt so I may want to change that out  :/

2 hours ago, Monomoto said:

Ya turns out that (from what I believe) its around a 400 watt so I may want to change that out  :/

Yeah just sell one of the 1080Ti, you can still fetch a pretty good price for those

Then new CPU, motherboard, RAM, PSU and maybe even an SSD if you can squeeze one in to the budget. Put it all together and you'll have a dope machine to pair with the remaining 1080Ti

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

On 11/5/2019 at 1:22 AM, Monomoto said:

Power figures for ONE 1080Ti:

image.png.2a19b1e6f9baa2f22d05d9cc36c0bb48.png

12 hours ago, Monomoto said:

image.png.d8db27e059d26e363fdf0890ded789ee.png

Ryzen 7 2700X  | Gigabyte RX5700 XT | ASUS TUF B450M | HyperX Fury 2x16gb 3200MHz |  CM MasterBox Lite 3 (Mesh Modded) | Corsair MP510 960GB | Be Quiet Pure Power 11 700w