need help choosing LCD for my laptop

So I have a Lenovo y50-70 laptop which comes with a 15.6 inch 60hz TN panel which has a 30pin connector... and I would like an upgrade to a either 120hz or 144hz screen with bright and nice colors if possible (doesnt matter TN or IPS) .. The problem is I do not know how to determine which screen will fit my laptop. Does all 15 inch 30 pin screen fit my laptop or is there other factors? 

I would appreciate if anyone sends a link of a lcd that can fit my laptop.

Take your laptop apart and get a part number from the panel itself, unless that laptop specifically has a 144hz variant then it will not have any that you can upgrade to. They have to have all the same connectors in the same place, depending on model they will be different. Laptops typically will not have a panel you can just upgrade to with higher hz unless that model specifically has a version in which it has a 144hz panel.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

4 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Take your laptop apart and get a part number from the panel itself, unless that laptop specifically has a 144hz variant then it will not have any that you can upgrade to. They have to have all the same connectors in the same place, depending on model they will be different. Laptops typically will not have a panel you can just upgrade to with higher hz unless that model specifically has a version in which it has a 144hz panel.

AUO B156HTN03.6 FHD AG S LED1 NB LCD  (this is my panel)

really? ive seen linus change laptop panel with a higher refresh once and it worked even the laptop doesnt hv that version

9 hours ago, jasonyaputra said:

AUO B156HTN03.6 FHD AG S LED1 NB LCD  (this is my panel)

really? ive seen linus change laptop panel with a higher refresh once and it worked even the laptop doesnt hv that version

Yes, the panel you get has to have the exact same connectors in the exact same place, same with mounts if you don't want it to fall apart or break as soon as you pick it up to move it. The best way to know you're getting a compatible panel is to get one from the same model of laptop but with the resolution/refresh rate you desire. Manufacturers like Lenovo use specific mounts and connectors and for the most part when replacing the screen on one it has to be compatible. It's kind of dumb, one of the things people don't realize when they buy a gaming laptop is that they're pretty much throwing future upgrades out the window, unless you purchase one that is highly upgrade-able. Most gaming laptops have soldered CPUs and GPUs with more proprietary components then standard. You can upgrade the storage and ram but that's pretty much it. I've found a few panels for that specific model none of which are 144hz, there is a 1080p Standard, a 1080p IPS, and a 4K panel for this particular laptop. You can probably find a panel from another lenovo model that is 144hz that's the same size and connectors however the mounting will be different. You could probably jury rig it to fit but I'm pretty sure there isn't any you can buy that are going to be specifically for your laptop and have the correct mounting. It's just like replacing a screen on a smart phone the screen has to be compatible with it for it to work, you can't just slap any panel into a laptop and expect it to work 100%.

Was the model of laptop linus upgraded in that video the same as yours? Probably not, just because some laptops have more upgrade-ability than others doesn't mean yours automatically does to.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

9 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Yes, the panel you get has to have the exact same connectors in the exact same place, same with mounts if you don't want it to fall apart or break as soon as you pick it up to move it. The best way to know you're getting a compatible panel is to get one from the same model of laptop but with the resolution/refresh rate you desire. Manufacturers like Lenovo use specific mounts and connectors and for the most part when replacing the screen on one it has to be compatible. It's kind of dumb, one of the things people don't realize when they buy a gaming laptop is that they're pretty much throwing future upgrades out the window, unless you purchase one that is highly upgrade-able. Most gaming laptops have soldered CPUs and GPUs with more proprietary components then standard. You can upgrade the storage and ram but that's pretty much it. I've found a few panels for that specific model none of which are 144hz, there is a 1080p Standard, a 1080p IPS, and a 4K panel for this particular laptop. You can probably find a panel from another lenovo model that is 144hz that's the same size and connectors however the mounting will be different. You could probably jury rig it to fit but I'm pretty sure there isn't any you can buy that are going to be specifically for your laptop and have the correct mounting. It's just like replacing a screen on a smart phone the screen has to be compatible with it for it to work, you can't just slap any panel into a laptop and expect it to work 100%.

Was the model of laptop linus upgraded in that video the same as yours? Probably not, just because some laptops have more upgrade-ability than others doesn't mean yours automatically does to.

ok man its sad bruh. thanks for your help