does this means having both wifi and ethernet connected i get more download speed???

ZephCloud

as the title said:

image.thumb.png.5aabf8924a0570ed19965b4b452307de.png

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X 4.3Ghz (-0.1V)
  • Motherboard
    MSI MEG X570 ACE
  • RAM
    G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) F4-3200C16D-32GTRS
  • GPU
    GeForce RTX™ 3060 EAGLE OC 12G (rev. 2.0)
  • Case
    Cooler Master MASTERBOX MB520 ARGB + Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB
  • Storage
    ADATA XPG SX8100 2TB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD
    ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB 2.5" SSD
    Toshiba X300 4TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache
    TOSHIBA MG06 (MG06ACA10TE) 10TB 3.5 Inch 7200RPM Enterprise SATA Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 FULL MODULAR
  • Display(s)
    Acer KG271B Gaming Monitor (HDR Ready 27" 1920X1080 240Hz) + MSI PRO MP241
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240R RGB
  • Keyboard
    MSI Vigor GK80 RED GAMING KEYBOARD
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red Edition Wired Laser Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Home
  • Router
    Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX 11000

unless you pay for gigabit+ internet plan or have two internet plans your ethernet would be able to deliver the max bandwidth of the plan you pay for

*looks at the vastly higher number on the Ethernet I/o marker on the left side*

do I want to explain the concept of a graph base? Or is this a troll attempt?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

It depends.

It seems like both your WiFi and Ethernet is in use, but without knowing what they are used for it's impossible to say if you get "more download speed".

I know next to nothing about your setup but my guess is that your total throughput to/from your computer is higher than if you were to disconnect one, but the speed of an individual download is most likely still limited.

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

*looks at the vastly higher number on the Ethernet I/o marker on the left side*

do I want to explain the concept of a graph base? Or is this a troll attempt?

What do you mean? I can't tell if I'm the one missing something, or if you're the one missing something.

In the picture we can see that OP has both Ethernet and WiFi enabled, and both are sending and receiving data. My guess is that OP is asking if that means their computer is using both at the same time and if that affects download speeds.

ya...^^^that's what i'm trying to ask..xD..but idk what's using what too..lol...thanks for all the replies..<3...and yes after awhile i starts to see it mainly use only the ethernet...wifi just spike awhile and no more..haha

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X 4.3Ghz (-0.1V)
  • Motherboard
    MSI MEG X570 ACE
  • RAM
    G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) F4-3200C16D-32GTRS
  • GPU
    GeForce RTX™ 3060 EAGLE OC 12G (rev. 2.0)
  • Case
    Cooler Master MASTERBOX MB520 ARGB + Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB
  • Storage
    ADATA XPG SX8100 2TB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD
    ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB 2.5" SSD
    Toshiba X300 4TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache
    TOSHIBA MG06 (MG06ACA10TE) 10TB 3.5 Inch 7200RPM Enterprise SATA Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 FULL MODULAR
  • Display(s)
    Acer KG271B Gaming Monitor (HDR Ready 27" 1920X1080 240Hz) + MSI PRO MP241
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240R RGB
  • Keyboard
    MSI Vigor GK80 RED GAMING KEYBOARD
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red Edition Wired Laser Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Home
  • Router
    Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX 11000

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

It depends.

It seems like both your WiFi and Ethernet is in use, but without knowing what they are used for it's impossible to say if you get "more download speed".

I know next to nothing about your setup but my guess is that your total throughput to/from your computer is higher than if you were to disconnect one, but the speed of an individual download is most likely still limited.

What do you mean? I can't tell if I'm the one missing something, or if you're the one missing something.

In the picture we can see that OP has both Ethernet and WiFi enabled, and both are sending and receiving data. My guess is that OP is asking if that means their computer is using both at the same time and if that affects download speeds.

The graph(s) measure capacity of the conduits vs data flow. WiFi is radio though so it’s capacity in practice is variable by outside factors which change moment to moment.  If there is only one source of data flow it will not increase regardless of conduit capacity, but it may be reduced by lack of conduit capacity.  The wifi connection is vastly narrower than the Ethernet connection.  IF internet is coming in through Ethernet AND going to the computer through WiFi AND the the the actual internet flow through the input is higher than the capacity of the WiFi the WiFi will always be saturated and the straight capacity line has no actual meaning other than to specify a theoretical maximum capacity for the WiFi.  How that theoretical maximum is derived is not defined.  It could be that it is the area of the space under the line and above the graph that matters in which case his WiFi remains well under theoretical maximum even though the line is occasionally broken.

The question is whether or not the poster is playing a Semantics game.  It’s hard to tell.  We don’t know how much the OP knows about how this stuff works. It could be an implied joke about the straight line.  It could be a question about how the straight line is derived and what it means.  It could be confusion based on the location of similar looking lines on two different graphs.  It could be a lot of things.

what is coming from where and how that line is derived is not defined though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

By default. You will not get faster download speed as connections will only route between one of the two interfaces. However, you may have higher overall bandwidth.

TL;DR: You don't have faster downloads, but you may be able to do more downloads at once.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

55 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The graph(s) measure capacity of the conduits vs data flow.

Yes, and that is completely irrelevant.

55 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

WiFi is radio though so it’s capacity in practice is variable by outside factors which change moment to moment.

Also entirely irrelevant here.

56 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The wifi connection is vastly narrower than the Ethernet connection.

We don't know that, but that is also irrelevant.

57 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

IF internet is coming in through Ethernet AND going to the computer through WiFi AND the the the actual internet flow through the input is higher than the capacity of the WiFi the WiFi will always be saturated and the straight capacity line has no actual meaning other than to specify a theoretical maximum capacity for the WiFi.

Again, also irrelevant to the question asked.

58 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

How that theoretical maximum is derived is not defined.  It could be that it is the area of the space under the line and above the graph that matters in which case his WiFi remains well under theoretical maximum even though the line is occasionally broken.

Also irrelevant.

58 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The question is whether or not the poster is playing a Semantics game.  It’s hard to tell.  We don’t know how much the OP knows about how this stuff works. It could be an implied joke about the straight line.  It could be a question about how the straight line is derived and what it means.  It could be confusion based on the location of similar looking lines on two different graphs.  It could be a lot of things.

Why are you so confused on the straight line? The OP didn't mention anything about it.

I was able to understand the OP perfectly well.

Here is OP's question rephrased that you might understand:

Hello!

My computer has both wired and wireless connections. Right now, I have an Ethernet cable plugged in and I see traffic on that interface. I also have my computer connected to WiFi and I can see traffic on that interface too. Does that mean both interfaces are being used, and if so, does that mean my peak throughput is higher than each connection individually? I attached a screenshot to show that traffic is being sent/received on both wired and wireless at the same time.

Do you understand now?

The real scientific way to double your internet speed is this. 100% guaranteed to work!

Sudo make me a sandwich 

11 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Yes, and that is completely irrelevant.

Also entirely irrelevant here.

We don't know that, but that is also irrelevant.

Again, also irrelevant to the question asked.

Also irrelevant.

Why are you so confused on the straight line? The OP didn't mention anything about it.

I was able to understand the OP perfectly well.

Here is OP's question rephrased that you might understand:

Do you understand now?

this is a ninja post issue I think.

I understand that’s how you read the question.  At least after his reply.  I only saw what he actually wrote in his first post:  a very terse, very different thing.  Seemed more like a cryptic puzzle than a question to me, so that’s how my first post reacted.  My second post was basically showing why the first post seemed like a puzzle.  I was writing my reply while he was making his second post and didn’t even see it till mine went up.

Had his OP said what you said my answer would have been different.

his reply made a lot of it clear.  Yes.  I got to read his response after the post you are critiquing came up.

for what it’s worth @rcmaehl had the best answer imho.  Better than I would have given him which would have been a lot like @Prometheus935’s answer, which is why I hit “agree” on it.  I probably would have done only that actually and not posted at all.