Bye bye Macbook, hello 1st PC build!

Hi everyone!

I am finally committing to getting back out of the apple ecosystem and I want to do it the right way! I have done a bit of research into building my own tower, however since this is my first time, I would like to draw on the experience of the community in guiding my build.

I have a few criteria which I need to follow in order to get a build that will benefit my needs best.

Budget: Approx $2k AUD for tower alone. NO HIGHER THAN $2.5K AUD.

Main use: Video editing of 4k 10-bit D-log footage off the Mavic Pro 2, in addition to video and photo editing of a future mirrorless camera (Yet to purchase but most likely will have 4k recording. Probably from Sony A7 line)

Secondary use: The occasional gaming here and there, primarily the new Microsoft flight simulator when it is released. Other games may include apex legends, and race simulators.

Monitor requirements: Must be able to feed data to 2-3 monitors simultaneously. More than happy if it can only handle 2 monitors.

Editing software: Must be able to run adobe premiere at a minimum of 4k editing.

Please see the picture attached for what I have currently got together. I am fairly certain that I have covered all bases besides cooling fans, and that the components should theoretically fit into the chosen case, but I am sure I have overlooked something. I may or may not upgrade to watercooling somewhere down the track, but that will depend on if I have money burning in my pocket or not.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Like I said, this is my first build so go easy on me ?. I am yet to choose a suitable monitor setup, but that can be organised a bit later on.

image.png.c443376bf91cd4157e91c7709eddb1c4.png

I'm not sure exactly what the price conversion is from your picture, but using PC Part Picker I can find a 2070 Super for $499 USD. I feel like your prices are much higher than they should be.

3 minutes ago, chowbaaron said:

I'm not sure exactly what the price conversion is from your picture, but using PC Part Picker I can find a 2070 Super for $499 USD. I feel like your prices are much higher than they should be.

Australian get ****ed when it comes to  PC part prices, just compare their PSU prices for example

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

You can get a Windows key for 5 Bucks in a Keystore.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

32 minutes ago, Praesi said:

You can get a Windows key for 5 Bucks in a Keystore.

I suggest buying from Ebay with paypal due to the excellent customer support. 

1 hour ago, chowbaaron said:

$1 USD = $0.69 AUD

$499 USD = $727 AUD + 10% sales tax = $799 AUD.

You can change PCPP to show stores & prices for different countries.

1 hour ago, BigRom said:

Australian get ****ed when it comes to  PC part prices, just compare their PSU prices for example

The Silverstone Strider Gold S 750W is $110 USD on Amazon US. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Dtckcf/silverstone-power-supply-st75fgs

$110 USD is $155 AUD. The PCPP listing at $139 AUD (including tax) is cheaper than the current US price. Though, I think the Silverstone Strider Gold S is discontinued which could explain the price.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will take all of this into consideration!

Howdy..  since you want to get something to work on Adobe applications,  I'd check the articles and testing at pugetsystems.com.  They have testing for a variety of stuff,  and you'll likely be able to get some advice that's specific to your applications.  

Quick update, did some research on Pugetsystems.com as @Slickrock suggested, and they outlined that Intel is favoured for Adobe applications due to the hardware acceleration encoding optimised for intel products.  This is the new build I have lined up:

My one thing I am unsure about is my SSD storage. There seems to be mixed reviews for the Crucial P1, and I has considering using a Silicon power SSD instead. What is everyone's experience with their SSD?

image.thumb.png.101ecc50b65369a9645c102a47bee0ec.png