Is there literally ANY gaming monitor in the 500$ price range that is NOT TN and has decent response times? (~4ms/1ms)

Lmao No

As the title says. I'm so tired of searching for a good monitor for my build and it seems like the choice is either get a TN panel with horrible colors and viewing angles or get an IPS or VA with good colors and contrats but slow response times (8ms to 10ms)

I'm desperate, no matter what resolution or refreh rate, someone tell me about a monitor with good colors, viewing angles and response times that sits at a decent price

2 minutes ago, Lmao No said:

no matter what resolution or refreh rate, someone tell me about a monitor with good colors, viewing angles and response times that sits at a decent price

CRT

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

CRT

Hurray for radiations and eye damage

6 minutes ago, Lmao No said:

As the title says. I'm so tired of searching for a good monitor for my build and it seems like the choice is either get a TN panel with horrible colors and viewing angles or get an IPS or VA with good colors and contrats but slow response times (8ms to 10ms)

I'm desperate, no matter what resolution or refreh rate, someone tell me about a monitor with good colors, viewing angles and response times that sits at a decent price

Here you go 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Monitor LG 27GL850-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor $496.99 @ B&H
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $496.99
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-29 16:59 EDT-0400  

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

Here you go 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Monitor LG 27GL850-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor $496.99 @ B&H
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $496.99
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-29 16:59 EDT-0400  

yeah i know, that would be a perfect monitor if it wasn't for the horrendous contrast ratio. You see? There's always something wrong no matter what

Just now, Lmao No said:

Hurray for radiations and eye damage

Its funny how you can tell someones age so easily 

14 minutes ago, Lmao No said:

There's always something wrong no matter what

Well this is a problem more or less with a person finding fault in anything. See we can fix almost any computer issue but we are not able to solve problems that people have with themselves.

Finding fault is generally one of the easiest laziest things most human beings are able to do which is why it's so common in several industries. The amount of people who are able to weigh pros and cons are very rare few and far between but tend to make decisions quite better than the latter. 

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

Well this is a problem more or less with a person finding fault in anything. See we can fix almost any computer issue but we are not able to solve problems that people have with themselves.

Finding fault is generally one of the easiest laziest things most human beings are able to do which is why it's so common is several industries. The amount of people who are able to weigh pros and cons are very rare few and far between but tend to make decisions quite better than the latter. 

Nothings perfect yo

11 minutes ago, emosun said:

Finding fault is generally one of the easiest laziest things most human beings are able to do which is why it's so common is several industries. The amount of people who are able to weigh pros and cons are very rare few and far between but tend to make decisions quite better than the latter. 

Thanks, no one asked you for a life lesson, boomer

5 minutes ago, Lmao No said:

Thanks, no one asked you for a lifre lesson, boomer

You came asking for a monitor suggestion under $500 and are expecting every aspect to be perfect, the girls just trying to help.

2 minutes ago, Lmao No said:

Thanks, no one asked you for a lifre lesson, boomer

well we like to go the extra mile :)

1 minute ago, YoFavRussian said:

the mans just trying to help.

girl* lol

26 minutes ago, Lmao No said:

yeah i know, that would be a perfect monitor if it wasn't for the horrendous contrast ratio. You see? There's always something wrong no matter what

its pretty standard for a LCD monitor and i dont understand contrast ratios anymore. companies advertise that their contrast ratio is 99999999999999999:1 and you get it and its not really any better than the 1000:1 monitor i dont understand how they get away with that. so i came to understand that the contrast ratio number is meaningless and i look up reviews from reputable sites and if they say the contrast is good then ill take it

12 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

its pretty standard for a LCD monitor and i dont understand contrast ratios anymore. companies advertise that their contrast ratio is 99999999999999999:1 and you get it and its not really any better than the 1000:1 monitor i dont understand how they get away with that. so i came to understand that the contrast ratio number is meaningless and i look up reviews from reputable sites and if they say the contrast is good then ill take it

That's what i did. That monitor has a contrast ratio of like 700/800:1 according to various independent reviews. 1000:1 is fine for me, 700 it's not

1 hour ago, Lmao No said:

Doesnt exist.

You have to choose.

Either u get a monitor that has a fast pixel response for gaming.  (TN)

or

You get a monitor that has good viewing angles and accurate colors, but slower pixels and poor black uniformity and black levels. (IPS)

or

you get a monitor with good contrast, black uniformity, and colors but has problems with dark transition pixel response speeds. (VA)

When it comes to LCD, there is no 'good' monitor, just ones that are better in some aspects and worse in others.

When CRT was mentioned, it was only a half joke, top end CRTs were in fact, when measured purely as Display,s great at everything. Their only flaw was their physical size and energy usage. That nonsense about radiation and eye damage is a myth that , quite frankly, betrays ur age since u mentioned it.

The closest thing to a great display we have currently is OLED, but they are restricted to 55"+ TV's and have their own flaw to work around.

You'll need to choose what is most important ..A monitor for competitive gaming, or a monitor for image quality.

Perhaps u should look at the LG32GK850g-b . a 1440p 144hz VA monitor that is good for a VA panel in regards to pixel response. But ofc has terrible viewing angles.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/32gk850g-b

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

9 hours ago, Lmao No said:

Thanks, no one asked you for a life lesson, boomer

Pfff... you want to much son.

all you said was a good monitor not TN for less than $500. Didn’t mention any other details of what the panel needed.

you pipe down

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

22 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Doesnt exist.

You have to choose.

Either u get a monitor that has a fast pixel response for gaming.  (TN)

or

You get a monitor that has good viewing angles and accurate colors, but slower pixels and poor black uniformity and black levels. (IPS)

or

you get a monitor with good contrast, black uniformity, and colors but has problems with dark transition pixel response speeds. (VA)

When it comes to LCD, there is no 'good' monitor, just ones that are better in some aspects and worse in others.

When CRT was mentioned, it was only a half joke, top end CRTs were in fact, when measured purely as Display,s great at everything. Their only flaw was their physical size and energy usage. That nonsense about radiation and eye damage is a myth that , quite frankly, betrays ur age since u mentioned it.

The closest thing to a great display we have currently is OLED, but they are restricted to 55"+ TV's and have their own flaw to work around.

You'll need to choose what is most important ..A monitor for competitive gaming, or a monitor for image quality.

Perhaps u should look at the LG32GK850g-b . a 1440p 144hz VA monitor that is good for a VA panel in regards to pixel response. But ofc has terrible viewing angles.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/32gk850g-b

thank you, you just won the title for best and most useful comment in this thread yet