Is my GPU about to die?

Hello everybody,

I have been playing a lot of Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 recently and have been experiencing some issues that i think are GPU related and need help with asap.

I will be playing through the game normally and randomly and suddenly my screen will output a series of vertical lines that are of similar color of the last visible frame on screen. The background also goes blank but is normally is a slightly darker shade of the color that the vertical lines are. After this my screen will go black after a while and both my connected monitors will keep flashing from a blank black screen and then loose video signal and then go back to black. Sometimes my desktop and the Windows UI does flash on screen sometimes but im not sure if windows is usable. Although i haven't been able to capture the lines on video and if you want i can get a photo when it next happens, i have got the stage afterwards when the monitors start flashing on camera. (VIDEO HERE AND AT BOTTOM OF POST)

A hard reset will get me out of the locked up state and back into windows.

I have not noticed this in any other games as i haven't really played any during the time of this but when playing csgo a day before this i did get my first BSOD with the stop code saying something to do with watchdog but i feel this BSOD is unrelated to this issue as windows itself does not crash.

EDIT: i reproduced and got a picture of the lines after the game crashes. This happened in 2 different situations:

Lines after game crash:

image.png.665eb4d15e1f020ea264ecdc1e3018d3.png

I also went into the BIOS to flash an update to see if it would fix the issue. After clicking a couple of times in the menus i got these set of lines and the system froze

image.png.173be3f3292c1a5aff8cd841f1a4a54c.png

SOLUTIONS I HAVE TRIED:

• Cleaning out my system of dust.
  • Doing a clean install of the graphics drivers.

SYSTEM SPECS:

• GPU: MSI AMD Radeon R7 370 GAMING 4G
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • RAM: (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2133MHz
  • MOBO: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING
  • DISPLAYS: 2 1080p 60Hz Panels. One Asus 23 inch and one HP 27 inch

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The game is installed on an old hard drive which is a bad drive as it used to be my main boot drive but the system would randomly restart. This issue was fixed ages ago by swapping my boot drive. However, i dont think an issue like this would occur because of a bad drive.

VIdeo link: 

18 minutes ago, hj2264 said:

Hello everybody,

I have been playing a lot of Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 recently and have been experiencing some issues that i think are GPU related and need help with asap.

I will be playing through the game normally and randomly and suddenly my screen will output a series of vertical lines that are of similar color of the last visible frame on screen. The background also goes blank but is normally is a slightly darker shade of the color that the vertical lines are. After this my screen will go black after a while and both my connected monitors will keep flashing from a blank black screen and then loose video signal and then go back to black. Sometimes my desktop and the Windows UI does flash on screen sometimes but im not sure if windows is usable. Although i haven't been able to capture the lines on video and if you want i can get a photo when it next happens, i have got the stage afterwards when the monitors start flashing on camera. (VIDEO HERE AND AT BOTTOM OF POST)

I have not noticed this in any other games as i haven't really played any during the time of this but when playing csgo a day before this i did get my first BSOD with the stop code saying something to do with watchdog but i feel this BSOD is unrelated to this issue as windows itself does not crash.

SOLUTIONS I HAVE TRIED:

SYSTEM SPECS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The game is installed on an old hard drive which is a bad drive as it used to be my main boot drive but the system would randomly restart. This issue was fixed ages ago by swapping my boot drive. However, i dont think an issue like this would occur because of a bad drive.

VIdeo link: 

I think yoru video card is ok.  This is a connection issue.  But when you say it goes no signal does the game crash or things work in the background ? This is not your GPU, it is connection related or that screen is dying but not your GPU.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

5 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

I think yoru video card is ok.  This is a connection issue.  But when you say it goes no signal does the game crash or things work in the background ? This is not your GPU, it is connection related or that screen is dying but not your GPU.

The game itself crashes i think because sometimes audio continues in the background for a little and sometimes it just stops, whenever my screen flashes to my desktop the game is not open so id imagine the game crashes and closes itself when this happens

The monitor the game outputs to is less than 2 months old as well 

3 minutes ago, hj2264 said:

The game itself crashes i think because sometimes audio continues in the background for a little and sometimes it just stops, whenever my screen flashes to my desktop the game is not open so id imagine the game crashes and closes itself when this happens

ok then its not the screen, its your box..... Your video card is fine but something is up with your motherboard or CPU or OC.  Make sure your running stock speeds on your cpu and video card for now.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

ok then its not the screen, its your box..... Your video card is fine but something is up with your motherboard or CPU or OC.  Make sure your running stock speeds on your cpu and video card for now.

I have never overclocked any of the parts in my system. they are all still running at stock speeds.

Any tests i can do to test to see if its the cpu or mobo?

Im hoping its not cpu or mobo because im upgrading the gpu soon.

3 minutes ago, hj2264 said:

I have never overclocked any of the parts in my system. they are all still running at stock speeds.

Any tests i can do to test to see if its the cpu or mobo?

Im hoping its not cpu or mobo because im upgrading the gpu soon.

Does this only happen when you game ?  Can it run on desktop for long periods ?

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Does this only happen when you game ?  Can it run on desktop for long periods ?

Only in game. Never experienced it in any other games except this one but then again i haven't played any other games while playing this. The only other issue was the random cs BSOD. The Pc can sit on the desktop for as long as you like.  

29 minutes ago, hj2264 said:

Only in game. Never experienced it in any other games except this one but then again i haven't played any other games while playing this. The only other issue was the random cs BSOD. The Pc can sit on the desktop for as long as you like.  

So this is most probably driver related or OS related.  One quick thing you can try is run DDU "Display Driver Uninstaller" and do a clean and restart, then when your back up downloaded the latest drivers and then let us know if this happens.

9 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

So this is most probably driver related or OS related.  One quick thing you can try is run DDU "Display Driver Uninstaller" and do a clean and restart, then when your back up downloaded the latest drivers and then let us know if this happens.

Will do. I did choose the clean install option when i updated my amd drivers but ddu might do a better job. I also looked into the event viewer and around the time of the issue and a lot of system log warnings were present at the time saying my graphics drivers stopped working and "recovered" I also ran cinebench to stress the cpu and no issues and a great score on all and single core performance.

Heres the event viewer screen grab if u can make anything out of it.

In the system logs section:

image.png.cced9d32fbe8ef179745aa56438cf6b5.png

In the application logs section:

image.png.d99c2bcd6a99a1bfc045c8b6f744ac25.png

1 hour ago, hj2264 said:

Will do. I did choose the clean install option when i updated my amd drivers but ddu might do a better job. I also looked into the event viewer and around the time of the issue and a lot of system log warnings were present at the time saying my graphics drivers stopped working and "recovered" I also ran cinebench to stress the cpu and no issues and a great score on all and single core performance.

Heres the event viewer screen grab if u can make anything out of it.

In the system logs section:

image.png.cced9d32fbe8ef179745aa56438cf6b5.png

In the application logs section:

image.png.d99c2bcd6a99a1bfc045c8b6f744ac25.png

It is def the motherboard.  Your video card is ok.  It is time to upgrade you have no other choice.  Ive seen this issue and actually have it myself and Im telling you its the motherboard gone south.  Im upgrading as soon as the 10980XE comes out as I have been dealing with this issue for a very very long time.  Ive also tried different video cards so its not video card 100 percent.  Its not the RAM or else you would get a BSOD.  It is the motherboard.  You hear sh*T after the black screen then that stops and you must reset and what not.  I know exactly what your going through.  So I think its time you upgrade as well there is no fixing this problem.

15 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

It is def the motherboard.  Your video card is ok.  It is time to upgrade you have no other choice.  Ive seen this issue and actually have it myself and Im telling you its the motherboard gone south.  Im upgrading as soon as the 10980XE comes out as I have been dealing with this issue for a very very long time.  Ive also tried different video cards so its not video card 100 percent.  Its not the RAM or else you would get a BSOD.  It is the motherboard.  You hear sh*T after the black screen then that stops and you must reset and what not.  I know exactly what your going through.  So I think its time you upgrade as well there is no fixing this problem.

Ive been playing the game again and managed to reproduce and get a picture of the lines:

image.png.550891e014be0838d0a504ec9aa685a9.png

At first i thought it was a driver but then i went into the bios to flash an update to see if that would fix it and after clicking around in a few menus the system froze again and output these lines on my second display:

image.thumb.png.c9cf16157bf781d81d7c993b889e8c70.png

1 hour ago, hj2264 said:

Ive been playing the game again and managed to reproduce and get a picture of the lines:

image.png.550891e014be0838d0a504ec9aa685a9.png

At first i thought it was a driver but then i went into the bios to flash an update to see if that would fix it and after clicking around in a few menus the system froze again and output these lines on my second display:

image.thumb.png.c9cf16157bf781d81d7c993b889e8c70.png

That is not good.  This is video card or your screen.  Try a different cable and different port on video card just to see what happens.  Also I recommend running one monitor for testing purposes and what not.

12 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

That is not good.  This is video card or your screen.  Try a different cable and different port on video card just to see what happens.  Also I recommend running one monitor for testing purposes and what not.

When this happened i had a different cable inserted into the GPU. My cpu does not have any integrated graphics so i cant use the onboard port. My gpu only has one hdmi port and i dont have any display port cables.

2 minutes ago, hj2264 said:

When this happened i had a different cable inserted into the GPU. My cpu does not have any integrated graphics so i cant use the onboard port. My gpu only has one hdmi port and i dont have any display port cables.

See if you can try a different HDMI cable.  Some signal crap is going on and video card and your monitor are duking it out against each other.  :(

5 minutes ago, hj2264 said:

have you taken out the graphics card from the PCIe slot and put it back firmly and make sure everything is inserted and plugged in the way it should?

If you're 100% sure everything is plugged in and connected firmly and properly then it does look like you have a dying graphics card...happened to me

twice in the past and it does look like that when traces on the cards goes bad :(

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

See if you can try a different HDMI cable.  Some signal crap is going on and video card and your monitor are duking it out against each other.  :(

I have tried different HDMI cables and this has not made a difference. Do you still think this is a mobo issue as i dont wanna RMA my board and be without one for ages as Ebuyer has some bad RMA reviews in the uk 

7 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

have you taken out the graphics card from the PCIe slot and put it back firmly and make sure everything is inserted and plugged in the way it should?

If you're 100% sure everything is plugged in and connected firmly and properly then it does look like you have a dying graphics card...happened to me

twice in the past and it does look like that when traces on the cards goes bad :(

I have not had the GPU out for a while, however ive re installed it a few times over its life and its all firmly connected. It is an old gpu tho so would not be surprised it its gonna die. Ill reinstall and reconnect it now and see what happens. The problem is slowly becoming easier to reproduce and is happing more often so ill update you soon.

2 minutes ago, hj2264 said:

I have tried different HDMI cables and this has not made a difference. Do you still think this is a mobo issue as i dont wanna RMA my board and be without one for ages as Ebuyer has some bad RMA reviews in the uk 

Well a video card usually shouldn't display those weird lines, and I believe that is coming from the monitor.  If it was video card it would give crappy textures all over and all crapped out and what not.  So I don't think I can blame the video card.  Also the message you get in your log tells me its the same issue I have which is the no signal while playing.  This is not video card as I tested different cards and same thing.  Its the motherboard but I still like to do some testing before you ship out the mobo and be PCless and what not.

20 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Well a video card usually shouldn't display those weird lines, and I believe that is coming from the monitor.  If it was video card it would give crappy textures all over and all crapped out and what not.  So I don't think I can blame the video card.  Also the message you get in your log tells me its the same issue I have which is the no signal while playing.  This is not video card as I tested different cards and same thing.  Its the motherboard but I still like to do some testing before you ship out the mobo and be PCless and what not.

Ive just taken the card out the system and reinstalled it with a different power cable and i have now also disconnect my 2nd display, although the lines have output on both before. Any tests you can suggest? im gonna fire up sgw3 and try and crash it as now its starting to happen more often.

1 hour ago, Turtle Rig said:

Well a video card usually shouldn't display those weird lines, and I believe that is coming from the monitor.  If it was video card it would give crappy textures all over and all crapped out and what not.  So I don't think I can blame the video card.

Video cards when they go bad they absolutely spit out white lines like that and the GPU driver will crash. Usually the audio will keep playing in the background but the card will not recover. It has nothing to do with the monitor, it's the graphics card that is going bad 100%.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Try another cable? No good? DDU? Still no good? Buy new Radeon card! X3 

Zen-III-X12-5900X (Gaming PC)

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35,3MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X(ECO mode), 12-cores, 24-threads, 4.5/4.8GHz, 70.5MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2.6GHz 10.6 TFLOPS (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600(ASUS Performance Enhancement), 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,7MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1.5GHz 10.54 TFLOPS (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

18 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:
20 hours ago, hj2264 said:

Hello everybody,

EDIT: i reproduced and got a picture of the lines after the game crashes. This happened in 2 different situations:

Lines after game crash:

image.png.665eb4d15e1f020ea264ecdc1e3018d3.png

I also went into the BIOS to flash an update to see if it would fix the issue. After clicking a couple of times in the menus i got these set of lines and the system froze

image.png.173be3f3292c1a5aff8cd841f1a4a54c.png

SOLUTIONS I HAVE TRIED:

SYSTEM SPECS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

VIdeo link: 

Some peeps are blaming your MOBO, I would lean towards your video card. 

B4 you do something drastic (like RMA your MOBO as it should still be under warranty), try unhooking one screen and switching the video card slot. Then maybe try to get yourself a used RX 470 (you can get one under 100$). Then maybe RMA your Mobo.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

1 hour ago, Quickstrike said:

Some peeps are blaming your MOBO, I would lean towards your video card. 

B4 you do something drastic (like RMA your MOBO as it should still be under warranty), try unhooking one screen and switching the video card slot. Then maybe try to get yourself a used RX 470 (you can get one under 100$). Then maybe RMA your Mobo.

Ive had this same problem but worse for almost 3 years and Im waiting to freakin upgrade to a 10980XE and put it at 5Ghz.  I get a no signal sound still playing then that dies and you have to restart.  Happens randomly on desktop as well and not just games and what not.  A different video card still same problem which means its not the video card.  Its a botched motherboard as I know mine is.  I dont get those weird white lines tho.

10 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Ive had this same problem but worse for almost 3 years and Im waiting to freakin upgrade to a 10980XE and put it at 5Ghz.  I get a no signal sound still playing then that dies and you have to restart.  Happens randomly on desktop as well and not just games and what not.  A different video card still same problem which means its not the video card.  Its a botched motherboard as I know mine is.  I dont get those weird white lines tho.

Right ive disconnected my main monitor and ran the game on just the second one and i noticed that my frame rate was significantly higher that what it was when playing on my main. I played on the secondary display for around an hour and a half and nothing happened and no lockups. I plugged in my main one again to compare frame rates and i was getting around 50 compared to the 70 on the secondary screen. I am gonna plug my main back in and try to crash the game again as i now feel this could be a problem with the monitior. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 7:39 PM, hj2264 said:

Right ive disconnected my main monitor and ran the game on just the second one and i noticed that my frame rate was significantly higher that what it was when playing on my main. I played on the secondary display for around an hour and a half and nothing happened and no lockups. I plugged in my main one again to compare frame rates and i was getting around 50 compared to the 70 on the secondary screen. I am gonna plug my main back in and try to crash the game again as i now feel this could be a problem with the monitior. 

Ok so another problem has come up which I feel could help towards this. When I boot my pc up now with the "bad" display plugged in, the pc will post and after the post screen the screen will go black and sit there. Haven't tested it for long to see if it stays like that. Any ideas?