I'm looking into a Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro, what is the best amp/dac setup

rafbanaan
Go to solution Solved by tetenteten,

schiit modi (dac) with the schiit magni.(amp) or schiit fulla (dac/amp)

https://www.schiit.com/

I'm looking into buying a Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro, currenly I'm using their Beyerdynamic DT 770 250 Ohm with an SMSL SD 793II amp (nothing fancy), but I wonder what amp/dac combo could be the best choice. Is it still the Schiit products?

I would connect it with my PC through digital out.

dont get schiit magni. get a monoprice liquid spark or a jds labs atom they are better amps. 

for a dac you can stick with the modi or go with the topping d10, topping d30, or a khadas tone board. 

21 hours ago, rice guru said:

dont get schiit magni. get a monoprice liquid spark or a jds labs atom they are better amps. 

for a dac you can stick with the modi or go with the topping d10, topping d30, or a khadas tone board. 

Looks like I can't find those in the EU.

SMSL Launched SP200  withTHX AAA-888, I think you can try

2 minutes ago, joinally said:

SMSL Launched SP200  withTHX AAA-888, I think you can try

The measurements are pretty damn good for less than $300. 

On 10/28/2019 at 6:42 PM, rafbanaan said:

I'm looking into buying a Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro, currenly I'm using their Beyerdynamic DT 770 250 Ohm with an SMSL SD 793II amp (nothing fancy), but I wonder what amp/dac combo could be the best choice. Is it still the Schiit products?

I would connect it with my PC through digital out.

been using my 1770 pros since they were released without a amp they just dont need it. My laptop anything above 20% volume is too loud. My modern high spec computer again less then 20% volume. The multitude of mixing desks Ive plugged them in dont struggle either. The only thing which has ever struggled was my IphoneX but it still is loud enough to listen to happily but the odd time in a very noisy area it was not loud enough.

A dac or amp for this product is a waste of money unless you need the dac because you have problems with the integrated one.

I personally never liked the sound signature of schiit.

Pricey, but I picked an RME ADI-2 DAC. It sounds magnificient with my hd600

Forgot to mention that since you don't need much power you can definitely get away with a fiio k5 pro

• 4 months later...

Don't go for a cheap amp like the entry-level from schiit or sml. I've been using my 1770 sinse release so it's a couple of years now and I've tried them with a lot of different amps and DACs. Most valuable amp is probably rega ear, rega ear is a backup amp for me so I don't use it on regular basis anymore but I don't get enough money for it went up for a sale. Both MK1 and MK2 is I good choice for the money. If you have the money my recommendation would be moon neo 230had or ayre codex. If you don't hay the money I would still recommend you to listened to those setups so you know what those headphones are capable of. I've owned ayre but I'm using moon right now. Btw I created an account just for this post 

Cheers

The DT1770 uses the Tesla drivers which are efficient and it doesn't need a lot of power like the DT770/880/990. My Amiron Home uses the same Tesla drivers and is 250ohm too and my phone and even my good old samsun mp3 player works very fine with it.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

• 2 months later...

Stupid question but I certainly am stupid or rather just not informed at all when it comes to buying high end headphones....

What if I wanted to use an amp with an external sound card. Im totally new to this so I don’t understand much. Im buying the same headphones but this will mostly be used on a laptop with an external soundcard which already has a dac. Or do I ditch the soundcard completely. 

I want to be able to use this for dolby atmos for headphones, music and gaming.

I first looked for a soundcard that could fully power these headphones and produce the highest quality audio but all the reviews and such say it powers it decently or it fails here. I dont exacty wanna settle for good enough... but money isnt the best at the moment though I do have access to a progressive lease at bestbuy so I could order an amp/dac there and pay a bit more if anyone has a suggestion.

Well a Soundcard is a DAC/amp by external Soundcard what product specifically are you referring to?