Games keep crashing after a while of gaming

I recently built a new PC for a friend of mine, and everything seemed to work just fine. The components are a Ryzen 7 2700X, RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC, Corsair TX650M, and a Gigabyte B450  Aorus Elite Mainboard. I did a basic GPU overclock (+110MHz core clock, and +800MHz memory clock). Kombuster ran smoth for about 20 mins so i thought everything is fine. When my friend tried to install a game, it just kept crashing without a reason. It's the same with every game we tried so far. If you leave the system off for a longer time, you can play games for about 20 minutes until it crashes again. The temperatures are fine (max 75°C GPU and 66°C CPU). Do you have any ideas what could be causing problems here?

have you considered that the overclock might be doing it? The temps don't look bad but some cards just can't overclock for shit, sadly.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

9 minutes ago, mxk said:

have you considered that the overclock might be doing it? The temps don't look bad but some cards just can't overclock for shit, sadly.

I removed all the OC's but it doesn't work

4 hours ago, SniperzZ said:

I recently built a new PC for a friend of mine, and everything seemed to work just fine. The components are a Ryzen 7 2700X, RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC, Corsair TX650M, and a Gigabyte B450  Aorus Elite Mainboard. I did a basic GPU overclock (+110MHz core clock, and +800MHz memory clock). Kombuster ran smoth for about 20 mins so i thought everything is fine. When my friend tried to install a game, it just kept crashing without a reason. It's the same with every game we tried so far. If you leave the system off for a longer time, you can play games for about 20 minutes until it crashes again. The temperatures are fine (max 75°C GPU and 66°C CPU). Do you have any ideas what could be causing problems here?

Do you have the BIOS up to date? Wich ram do you have? wich slots did you put the ram on? have you change the speed of it or have XMP enabled?

57 minutes ago, ZigaZz said:

Do you have the BIOS up to date? Wich ram do you have? wich slots did you put the ram on? have you change the speed of it or have XMP enabled?

The BIOS is the version which the Board came with, i will have a look at that. The RAM is the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 2 x 8 Gb. It put them on the 2nd and 4th slot. I put Corsair fake RAM sticks in the other slots. And I am using the XMP Profile of the mainboard for my RAM. Thanks for the answer :D

1 minute ago, SniperzZ said:

The BIOS is the version which the Board came with, i will have a look at that. The RAM is the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 2 x 8 Gb. It put them on the 2nd and 4th slot. I put Corsair fake RAM sticks in the other slots. And I am using the XMP Profile of the mainboard for my RAM. Thanks for the answer :D

You should try with only the real Corsair ones, and definitely check for a BIOS update!
If that doesn't work try to disable XMP or a start at a lower frequency and slowly increase it !

7 minutes ago, ZigaZz said:

You should try with only the real Corsair ones, and definitely check for a BIOS update!
If that doesn't work try to disable XMP or a start at a lower frequency and slowly increase it !

But if I deactivate the XMP it only runs at like 2100 MHz. I will try running it with only real RAM Sticks. The fake ones I used are also from Corsair tho (Light enhancement Kit). And how do you increase the frequency by yourself?

1 hour ago, SniperzZ said:

But if I deactivate the XMP it only runs at like 2100 MHz. I will try running it with only real RAM Sticks. The fake ones I used are also from Corsair tho (Light enhancement Kit). And how do you increase the frequency by yourself?

You can change the frequency of the RAM at the same place where you activate XMP.
I know if you disable XMP you are not getting the 3200mhz but you should try it anyway...