LTT Store Feedback

HalfDemon

Just some feedback on the store.

I realize their isn't much on the store but I think the monolithic format is a bit silly and a bit of a pain. It takes quite a bit of effort/annoyance to scroll through the whole thing. Maybe have both a monolithic option as well as the option to drill down using menus. Something a bit more akin to how basically how every other site does it.

Another recommendation would be to make the top bar (ltt logo, account, cart) sticky. Maybe shrink it down, pin it to the top of page and split the logo left and the account and cart right.

Linus on WAN shows in the past: I dislike companies with a 'one-page' design website

Also Linus: LTTStore is a one-page design!

A grid-like array of products would be much easier to browse. Especially with a filter system, so you can see only the shirts for example.. But with the amount of products on the store currently that is probably not necessary.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's done with SquareSpace apparently, so maybe there isn't any templates for what you are asking.

I think that Linus should show some real anti-Apple direction by stopping using the Apple White scheme on everything they do.

/s

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I don't like having to scroll down so much...

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

I think this will probably be next on the list, right after Floatplane's next patch.... oh wait it got pushed back... uh the next one.... uh.. how about two years from now for the first news that they're actively working on this?

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

11 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

It's done with SquareSpace apparently, so maybe there isn't any templates for what you are asking.

I think that Linus should show some real anti-Apple direction by stopping using the Apple White scheme on everything they do.

/s

I mean, my site on wix had the grid option front and center. I'm sure they could figure something out even if it wasn't immediately apparent on squarespace.

9 hours ago, HalfDemon said:

Just some feedback on the store.

I realize their isn't much on the store but I think the monolithic format is a bit silly and a bit of a pain. It takes quite a bit of effort/annoyance to scroll through the whole thing. Maybe have both a monolithic option as well as the option to drill down using menus. Something a bit more akin to how basically how every other site does it.

Another recommendation would be to make the top bar (ltt logo, account, cart) sticky. Maybe shrink it down, pin it to the top of page and split the logo left and the account and cart right.

Agreed - having a grid layout makes much better use of space on desktop computers, laptops with large enough screens, or even most tablets.

40 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

27 minutes ago, Rune said:

I mean, my site on wix had the grid option front and center. I'm sure they could figure something out even if it wasn't immediately apparent on squarespace.

lttstore.com is a Shopify website, and Shopify absolutely offers themes offering grid-like layouts.

image.png.25db5ea38b4c52024abe619a21cac374.png

On the left you have the Supply theme, and on the right you have the Venture theme.

original.jpg original.jpg

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 hours ago, kirashi said:

lttstore.com is a Shopify website

And I just remembered that it was LTX website they were talking about.

My point on Apple White stands. On all their sites.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv