logitech g502 hero double click issue

sohail14

i have old 14 dollar mouse after 1 year double click issue started so i buy new logitech g502 expensive mouse after 3 months it started double click issue why this happen ? need solution i cant buy another mouse 

Considering you've had this issue with more than one mouse, presumably from two different manufacturers, I'd say it's either software or theres something super funky with your USB

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Considering you've had this issue with more than one mouse, presumably from two different manufacturers, I'd say it's either software or theres something super funky with your USB

i reinstall my software but still no fix , software updates are up to date 

Just now, sohail14 said:

i reinstall my software but still no fix , software updates are up to date 

Mouse drivers? Tried updating them or reinstalling them?

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

i think i only install g hub software , how to reinstall driver , no driver in device manager

28 minutes ago, Slottr said:

reinstall but still double clicked

2 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

reinstall but still double clicked

Sorry got distracted

But have you tried the mice on any other systems? Do they do the same thing? Tried different usb ports? Do you have any other software that manages mouse devices?

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Sorry got distracted

But have you tried the mice on any other systems? Do they do the same thing? Tried different usb ports? Do you have any other software that manages mouse devices?

i turn on mouse memory mode now problem solved and remove g hub in task manager but i use mouse test it saye fast double click 1

Just now, sohail14 said:

i turn on mouse memory mode now problem solved and remove g hub in task manager but i use mouse test it saye fast double click 1

Weird. But it's working fine?

So I'm wondering if you somehow enabled a function in the Ghub software somewhere

10 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Weird. But it's working fine?

So I'm wondering if you somehow enabled a function in the Ghub software somewhere

its working fine now after i switch mouse memory mode in g hub and report rate set to 1000 , its working for now , if problem came again can i message to you ?

asdasd.PNG

11 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

if problem came again can i message to you ?

Absolutely

On 10/28/2019 at 2:12 AM, Slottr said:

Absolutely

problem started again sometimes double click sometimes not 

• 2 months later...

Just had this issue start on my new G502 Hero, a mouse I bought to replace the G903 which has a known issue with cheap, faulty switches. Logitech striek again with their $100+ mouse and 2c Chinese switches... refunding via Amazon and getting a Razer.

In case anyone is wondering, this is the 3rd Logitech product line I've had this issue on, and I'm not the only one. Their support forums are filled with people, and had even more threads before their forum wipe.

G502 Proteus Core

G903 Lightspeed

G502 Hero

• 2 months later...

If it's a software issue then it should have been patched by now.  And by "by now" I mean months ago; plenty of people have been having issues with this inferior product for a long time.  I would think it's a hardware issue, as if Logitech's manufacturer received a shipment of bad switches and they either didn't detect them in time or didn't care and went ahead and installed them anyway.  In either case, it's simply unacceptable for a large, trusted corporation to ignore so many long-term, loyal customers for such a period of time.

I originally posted this elsewhere:

After about three months of use the left-click button sometimes double-clicks and more infuriatingly won't stay pressed, making highlighting text and dragging across the screen impossible. I have used Logitech products for over 20 years and this is the first time I got a genuine dud, unfortunately to the tune of $80. Online searches about the issues indicate that a lot of other people have had these problems.

Unfortunately these online searches also indicate that Logitech has been made aware of the issue repeatedly, yet have seemingly done little-to-nothing to resolve it.  That is a damned shame because I expect more from an ostensibly American company, a company that now is less than an inch from losing my business, for all peripherals, forever.  It is also a shame that my $15 Vic Tseng mouse from Amazon outperforms the G502 Hero in almost every way, at least in that it works as advertised.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 2:36 PM, Maddiziegler said:

If it's a software issue then it should have been patched by now.  And by "by now" I mean months ago; plenty of people have been having issues with this inferior product for a long time.  I would think it's a hardware issue, as if Logitech's manufacturer received a shipment of bad switches and they either didn't detect them in time or didn't care and went ahead and installed them anyway.  In either case, it's simply unacceptable for a large, trusted corporation to ignore so many long-term, loyal customers for such a period of time.

I originally posted this elsewhere:

After about three months of use the left-click button sometimes double-clicks and more infuriatingly won't stay pressed, making highlighting text and dragging across the screen impossible. I have used Logitech products for over 20 years and this is the first time I got a genuine dud, unfortunately to the tune of $80. Online searches about the issues indicate that a lot of other people have had these problems.

Unfortunately these online searches also indicate that Logitech has been made aware of the issue repeatedly, yet have seemingly done little-to-nothing to resolve it.  That is a damned shame because I expect more from an ostensibly American company, a company that now is less than an inch from losing my business, for all peripherals, forever.  It is also a shame that my $15 Vic Tseng mouse from Amazon outperforms the G502 Hero in almost every way, at least in that it works as advertised.

This is the exact same issue ive been having after having a G502 hero. It started early on and I could rarely drag files or highlight text with 0 issues. It is also happening when playing games so holding down it will just un-click itself so I returned it bought another one because I thought it might have been a one time thing. It turns out it is not and it has started on my new mouse. I love the design of the G502 Hero but this issue is gonna be a deal breaker next time I think about buying a Logitech (mouse) product.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: Nevermind. It started double clicking for no reason again. I'm still under warranty, so... RMA is the way to go. I just hope Logitech's RMA goes smoth.

UPDATE 2: FIXED now. Logitech released a firmware update through the Logitech GHUB which fixed the double clicks for me.

I think I just fixed this double click issue on my G502 Hero!

A little background here. I had this issue for a few days now and tried a lot of solutions and workarounds without any success. I tried reinstalling G Hub, changing the usb port from 2.0 to 3.0 to another 2.0, to name a few.

Since I'm working at home due to the pandemic, and most of my work comes down to AutoCAD drawing and spreadsheets, my G502 clicking was all of the place making my work a bit frustrating at some times.

I was just going to Logitech's website to file for an RMA (It's still covered by waranty, which made me a little upset for troubleshooting a mouse this new) when it suggested me to go into Windows Settings,  File Explorer Options, General tab, and select the "Double-click to open an item" (It was already selected, but I've changed it and changed back). I was greatly skeptical about this, but tried anyway, and it simply stopped double clicking at random.

I was using a double click mouse test and getting about 15% of double clicks every time i clicked.

So far, I've tested 1000 clicks after this and not a single one of those was a double click.

In a nutshell, I solved it by going into:

• Windows Settings;
  • File Explorer Options;
  • General tab;
  • Select "Single-click to open an item";
  • Apply;
  • Select "Double-click to open an item";
  • Apply;
  • Ok;

Worked for me on Windows 10 version 1909, G Hub version 2020.4.47660.

Still can't believe this.

On 10/27/2019 at 9:41 PM, sohail14 said:

i have old 14 dollar mouse after 1 year double click issue started so i buy new logitech g502 expensive mouse after 3 months it started double click issue why this happen ? need solution i cant buy another mouse 

I'm very late but yeah I don't think I'll ever buy a logitech mouse again. After having this mouse for 10 months it started having the same issue. Just double clicking, usually with the RMB while I hold it down. I think I have lost the recite so I can't send it to warranty either. I should have gotten a razer or sth. My 4 year old steelseries rival 100 is still working well. Probably have to switch back to that. I payed 40€ for that and 75€ for the g502 hero.. Thank god I didn't buy the lightspeed one 

• 1 month later...

Happens with my G502 Hero as well.

Will be moving to Razer or corsair, even “bloody” devices are reliable than that

FIXED.

Logitech released a firmware update through the Logitech GHub which solved the problem. No more double clicks for me.

On 8/26/2020 at 3:33 PM, Calazzar said:

FIXED.

Logitech released a firmware update through the Logitech GHub which solved the problem. No more double clicks for me.

I just got the double click problem 1 day ago. im useing the logitech g502 lightspeed. all my soft/firm ware is up to date. even tried the "file explorer options" solution. if anyone knows anything... please help!

On 8/30/2020 at 4:48 PM, Daan805 said:

I just got the double click problem 1 day ago. im useing the logitech g502 lightspeed. all my soft/firm ware is up to date. even tried the "file explorer options" solution. if anyone knows anything... please help!

Are you plugging it directly on the USB port of your motherboard, or are you using any USB hub?

I've had many issues with the original G502, however with the middle mouse button (Mouse 3), not the left mouse button/double clicking.

RMA'd it three times before running out of warranty and switching brands. All mice stopped registering Mouse 3 within 2 weeks-4 months after using them. Horrendous quality.

I like cute animal pics.

Mac Studio | Ryzen 7 5800X3D + RTX 3090

I have my G502 Lightspeed since 9 Months and it has the same issues as mentioned earlier since a week.

• 6 months later...

I managed to fix this shiiiitty dumb problem with the mouse double clicking so if someone still having this issue here's the fix :

1.Your profiles are now all stored in a single file located here C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\LGHUB , in this file  "settings.json" , save your profile somewhere on your pc.

2.delete the logitech folder from appdata (LGHUB)

3.I recommend reinstalling it , but you can also open the lg hub again and it will reset the settings and reinstall the folder again (LGHUB in appdata).

4. copy paste your "settings.json" to the new folder.

It should be fixed now. if they update the logitech hub and the dubble clicking back just do the same.

I have still been getting the same issue with the new g502 hero se and had multiple warranty replacements firmware updates didn't help. Previous 502 spectrum still runs fine and is 4 years old.

My replacement came which no longer has a braided cable... And not looking good once my warranty ends. Is this planned obsolescence, with the cable being switched and switches just not holding out even 1 year?