logitech g502 hero double click issue

sohail14

Hi everyone, 

I got the same issue with my Logitech G502 hero, and I've tried every solution I've seen on every forum I've gone to, this one included, but nothing worked for me till today. I'm a smartphone and computer technician, so I've tried a different approach then the software/firmware one. I took apart the mouse to access the buttons (right and left click) on the motherboard, then I opened the buttons. There I removed the little metal part that is on top, bend it upwards a little, put it back in place, and now, no more double clicks, and my buttons are stronger, they feel like new. There are videos on youtube that show how to do it, just search g502 hero double click issue. 

I've had this issue for several months and found no solution nowhere, warranty was not an option cause I don't have a replacement, nor the money to buy one, and I work with my computer every day, so this saves me a lot of frustration. 

I hope this can help others.  

I hear a rumor logitech has 2 manufacturers for their switches and one of them has the doubleclick issue

I have had 3 g502's none with doubleclick issues ever, using a lightspeed rn

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

19 hours ago, Daethz said:

I hear a rumor logitech has 2 manufacturers for their switches and one of them has the doubleclick issue

Nah. All Omron. Unless you mean two different Omron factories where one supposedly makes good switches and one makes bad ones. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2020 at 9:43 AM, Calazzar said:

UPDATE: Nevermind. It started double clicking for no reason again. I'm still under warranty, so... RMA is the way to go. I just hope Logitech's RMA goes smoth.

UPDATE 2: FIXED now. Logitech released a firmware update through the Logitech GHUB which fixed the double clicks for me.

I think I just fixed this double click issue on my G502 Hero!

A little background here. I had this issue for a few days now and tried a lot of solutions and workarounds without any success. I tried reinstalling G Hub, changing the usb port from 2.0 to 3.0 to another 2.0, to name a few.

Since I'm working at home due to the pandemic, and most of my work comes down to AutoCAD drawing and spreadsheets, my G502 clicking was all of the place making my work a bit frustrating at some times.

I was just going to Logitech's website to file for an RMA (It's still covered by waranty, which made me a little upset for troubleshooting a mouse this new) when it suggested me to go into Windows Settings,  File Explorer Options, General tab, and select the "Double-click to open an item" (It was already selected, but I've changed it and changed back). I was greatly skeptical about this, but tried anyway, and it simply stopped double clicking at random.

I was using a double click mouse test and getting about 15% of double clicks every time i clicked.

So far, I've tested 1000 clicks after this and not a single one of those was a double click.

In a nutshell, I solved it by going into:

• Windows Settings;
  • File Explorer Options;
  • General tab;
  • Select "Single-click to open an item";
  • Apply;
  • Select "Double-click to open an item";
  • Apply;
  • Ok;

Worked for me on Windows 10 version 1909, G Hub version 2020.4.47660.

Still can't believe this.

DUUUUDE THANK YOU SO MUCH, I randomly had this issue two days ago after i bought  and used my g502 for two years now, i got so worried that i had to get another mouse DURING LOCKDOWN, you saved me from buying another mouse and wasting my money on it or another switch, kudos to you for sharing logitechs advice.

altough it still double clicks one or twice here and there, should i still take my mouse apart to fix this issue?