Alibaba Gaming laptops? WTH is going on there?!?!

recently I download an app called Alibaba.. said to be like Ali Express but in bulk.

I started looking around, and found a lot of gaming laptops from known manufacturers(msi,razer,asus..)with a price tag of 350-450 $.

A price that to me looks weird.

So, since Linus Tech Tip did that Ali Express graphic cards video, may be you we'll be interested in getting to the bottom of it.

And to everyone interested in seeing for themselves go ahead prove me right :)

(PRICE IN PICTURES IN NIS, ABOUT 350-450$)

Screenshot_20191027-192058_Alibabacom.jpg

I doubt they are legit but hey I guess LMG can try it?

This will likely be a good video regardless of the actual result.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Hahaha anyway it's worth the video ;)

Look very closely at descriptions, it may be broken, incorrect product number or just a regular scam. Remember, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is 

Most likely it will just be 400 dollars down the drain

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

16 hours ago, Genwyn said:

It’s a pretty obvious scam. Nobody is selling a 3000$ laptop for 400$ regardless of if you’re buying a thousand of them.

Perpetuating this stupid shit is what keeps it relevant and working for the scammers.

”why are they still selling fake 1050ti’s on eBay? Everyone knows about them!”

Because a million dumb assholes hyped the hell out of them and every brainlet on the planet went and bought one.

There are legit refurb and resale outlets on aliexpress and alibaba for things like video cards and laptops and motherboards or whatever, but they’re priced about how you would expect. 

That why I think a video is a good idea, just check it to see what you actually get.

I'm not sure AliBaba is only "AliExpress in bulk". I believe it's strictly B2B model, i.e. business to business

On Chinese websites, you can click on the link and scroll down to see the retailer for items, only trust them if it's a legit brand e.g. MSI Alibaba store. If it's some random store then it's most likely refurbished, 2nd hand or broken.

Also, instead of looking at these laptops, go to taobao or JD and check out the Chinese laptop brands like mechrevo or machenike, these are really sketchy.