Rosewill Tech Support for Cases?

Kardall

I am sitting here at a string of emails going back to August 15th, 2019 (all one sided past the initial response form submission from the website).

I bought a RSV-R4000 Case for my new right, I had a forum thread here from when I was buying it: ( https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1039401-10-year-old-pc-to-new-build/ )

So it took around 4-5 months for one of the front fans to die, and I had this weird 'intermittent' problem with the front usb ports when I plug in my external drive to copy things between work and home. So I knew that was bad when I installed the system after the first day. But I wanted to see what else would go wrong before RMA'ing the whole case.

I sent in the support request for replacement IO panel and front case fan, and that's where it all started.

August 15th, 2019

Hello **Me**,

Thank you for the request. I will pass this along to my warehouse to get the parts sent out to you. It can take 2-3 weeks for you to receive it, but I will do my best to get them sent out as quickly as possible. Once I have tracking information I can forward it to you if you'd like.

Best regards,

Andrew B.
Rosewill Support

So I said:

August 15th, 2019

That would be great :) Thank you :)

September 4th, 2019

Curious to know if you have a tracking number for the parts.

September 15th, 2019

I am starting to get worried that this has been forgotten now.

Please give me a status update on the replacement parts, tracking number at least. Or if you had forgotten I need to know. I might have to buy some other fan since this is getting to be a bit much. I don't want to stress other components out in the rack because it can't get enough cool air intake.

The main one is going to be the IO Panel that I am concerned with now. I will be on a job site for a couple of days, but I will be available via Email until then.

Please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

The next step was I called into their tech support number around the end of September, and talked to someone saying that Andrew wouldn't be in until (some day) whatever, and they'll leave a note for them to contact me. They asked me for my phone number and everything...

A couple weeks go by.

I got the RMA email contact, and forwarded the entire thread to them in hopes of getting somebody 'new'.

October 4th, 2019

I think perhaps I sent this to the wrong person.

I have been waiting to hear back from this person for a few weeks now. I think a week or two ago I called into support and they said he'd get a hold of me. No phone call.

Please advise as soon as possible on the status of the replacement parts.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas what to do now.
I sent them another email to the RMA contact stating basically that, I would call one more time on Monday to get a resolution to my issue. If I didn't, then I would grab my passport and drive down to California with the case, drop it off at the front desk. Always wanted to go to California anyway.

They should not concern you with who will be taking care of your case,whoever is in the office should take after the guy is not in the office,

Very unprofessional.

They clearly want you to give up,it could have been resolved long ago.

Tell them you want to send the RMA tomorrow,if they fail to do that they are just playing games with you.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 hours ago, Vishera said:

They should not concern you with who will be taking care of your case,whoever is in the office should take after the guy is not in the office,

Very unprofessional.

They clearly want you to give up,it could have been resolved long ago.

Tell them you want to send the RMA tomorrow,if they fail to do that they are just playing games with you.

Ya, I agree that it shouldn't matter. And I am pretty sure they are wasting time so that I don't get to replace it with warranty. It was already past the point where I could even think about dealing with newegg about it. 30 days unopened doesn't apply, so they'd probably just shuffle me off to Rosewill anyway.

I really want Rosewill to do well. I have dealt with Rosewill products before, and never had any issue dealing with support. It just happens this is the first time it has happened on my account / dime.

So disappointing.

53 minutes ago, Kardall said:

Ya, I agree that it shouldn't matter. And I am pretty sure they are wasting time so that I don't get to replace it with warranty. It was already past the point where I could even think about dealing with newegg about it. 30 days unopened doesn't apply, so they'd probably just shuffle me off to Rosewill anyway.

I really want Rosewill to do well. I have dealt with Rosewill products before, and never had any issue dealing with support. It just happens this is the first time it has happened on my account / dime.

So disappointing.

I had such an incident recently with a company that sell gaming chairs,

I never gave up on that one,and after dragging the RMA process for over a year i had enough and threatened them with legal action.

I had quoted the laws they were breaking with the punishments and attached quotes from the conversations with them that prove it.

They immediately gave me a refund after that. (I was also very aggressive at that point).

It's also important to note that all the conversations were done through Amazon,

Amazon didn't help at all though but they can be a witness and back me up because they have access to the whole conversation

The fact that time pass and they do nothing is basically them not giving you warranty,therefore breaking the law.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Surprisingly enough, I got an email this morning from Andrew stating that the packages were lost in transition and they didn't know -.-

They're basically going to replace it, shipping me a new case and returning what's left. I mean, i'm not going to swap my parts over, i'm just going to take my parts out of the new one, throw the old ones in a bag taped to the inside, and ship it back.

We'll see if it actually arrives.