First order with CableMod

AlexQC

Installed my first order from CableMod last week.

All is nice and fit good, my only problem is that the connectors are installed backwards vs the one that came with my Corsair PSU. It's a shame because I have to twist the cable in order to connect my 2 HDDs and it don't look good (and takes more place because of the bend). Asked them if they can fix this and it seems they can't (even at my expense).

Is there a reason for this @CableMod ? Anyone managed to fix similar issues?

Here are the 2 places where I have to twist the cable because of the connector positioning (with my Corsair cables I did not to do this):

The first one is dual SATA (this one is bad because of the bend it pushes through de side panel and to close it is now harder):

28_2019-10-18_18_15_20.thumb.jpg.0415955753c3533ee22bf68fb1423092.jpg

The second one is dual molex (I kinda can live with it but it does not look that good):

31_2019-10-18_18_33_54.thumb.jpg.0a29956b18e3a96864d58b03dfbb0d26.jpg

For reference here is the SATA layout:

01.thumb.jpg.566a0a9d2515aa123704022ff74280f0.jpg

And the molex layout:

04.thumb.jpg.00959ab3db74e6cb58d3b13291aed83a.jpg

Ths isn't an "issue"....

Some cables are made to go from top to bottom, others from bottom to top.

That's just how life works.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah I get it, but why they can't switch it on demand? Don't they custom build them to our specs? I'm just trying to get a rational reason other than "no issue".

16 hours ago, AlexQC said:

Yeah I get it, but why they can't switch it on demand? Don't they custom build them to our specs? I'm just trying to get a rational reason other than "no issue".

It's completely doable but it adds unneeded complexity for manufacturing as their cables are still mass produced to a certain degree even when customized. The only times really where individual wire layout and runs are cut to exact length and orientation are fully custom handmade cables that are made proprietary to that build.

If you did want to resolve that issue you can mount those upside down using the toolless system.