I copied Linus: can you help me?

Hello. I've copied Linus' setup in this video, for the most part.

I used this USB-hub https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Adapter-MacBook-Matebook-Chromebook/dp/B077FZQS95/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?crid=IQWM0LQU62IH&keywords=ugreen+5+in+1+usb+c+hub&qid=1571684438&sprefix=UGREEN+5+%2Caps%2C275&sr=8-1-fkmr2 (and got myself a pair of USB-A speakers)

And everything is working fine so far except for two things:

1) In the video, Linus's laptop stays awake even though it's closed. For it to work in my case, I have to open the laptop and have it run next to me. How do I allow my laptop to stay awake when it detects that it's been plugged-in to something, like Linus did?

2) My mouse reactivity is terrible now. There's some lag, not all clicks are registered either. It doesn't happen if I plug the mouse directly to the laptop, but then again, the point of this whole setup is to just plug one thing and be done with it. So, how do I fix this? Is there a way for my mouse to be speedier, more reactive?

For reference, I'm using the MX150 Razer Blade Stealth 2019, and my mouse is a Razer Naga 2014.

Thank you so much for your help!

I believe that you need to go into the power settings to make it so your laptop stays awake when you close it. At least that is what I remember doing when I had a similar setup. 

If I do that, then it'll keep drawing power when I'm leaving, when it's in my bag at college, etc. It's not something I want either.

The first issue solved by creating a custom power profile for your laptop. In windows it's in the advanced settings under something along the lines of "choose what closing the lid does"

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Just now, 7412 said:

If I do that, then it'll keep drawing power when I'm leaving, when it's in my bag at college, etc. It's not something I want either.

Afaik there's not a way round it. You just have to change power profiles

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

You can set a laptop's power profile to only stay on if you close the lid while it's plugged in (to the charger).

It will then still go to sleep if you close the lid while it's running on battery power. (unless you set it up to behave differently)

I've found a way around it by waking the laptop with the external keyboard. :P

I still have that mouse issue to deal with though, any idea?

18 minutes ago, 7412 said:

I've found a way around it by waking the laptop with the external keyboard. :P

I still have that mouse issue to deal with though, any idea?

Get a wireless mouse and plug it into the laptop?

The thing is, I'm using a Naga 2014 for a reason. I need those 12 buttons on the thumb.

I've looked into the USB Switch hub that you are using, it seems that a lot of reviews state that it doesn't work correctly with Mouse & Keyboard as it should, a lot of it has been some of these things:

• Needs an External Power Cable for Power Hungry devices (Razer Naga could be power hungry, 12 buttons you know?)
  • Keyboard and or Mouse not showing up in Devices
  • Making their PC Laggy
  • Drivers needs to be updated so it (hopefully) works correctly

I'd suggest first hand trying to get an External Power Cable if you already don't have one, also updating drivers if you can find any.

The thing I'd suggest second hand is... Investing in a better one, unfortunately. It just seems that this one is loaded with problems and even though the good reviews on Amazon, it doesn't seem like the reviewers are using it the way you are.

Hope this helps! :) 

55 minutes ago, Las0r said:

Needs an External Power Cable for Power Hungry devices

What does it mean? The USB-C hub is already plugged-in to the 65w charger of my laptop. Should I get a bigger, 87w charger?

Also it's weird because only the left mouse button sometimes misses, whereas the right always works, even if I spam it. If I spam the left button though, it'll fail maybe every 6, 7 times or so.