I have having this issue where my windows gets moved to my second monitor and sometimes my icons on my main monitor getting moved to the right. I have an Asus Xg248q (DP), Asus Vg248qe (DP), and an Avermedia Capture Card (Hdmi) that acts as a monitor. I thought maybe getting vesa certified dp cables would fix the issue and it did for a couple of days. They would not fully disconnect and say "no signal" until a couple of days after. I have tried changing the values in the registry to see if it fix it but it didn't. On my computer, I have 2 simulated folders and 2 edid folders. I tried correcting the resolution values in simulated and "edid" folders but that didnt seem to do anything. I tried the activesize, primsurfsize, dwmclipbox, and stride but nothing worked.

I have read posts about using Sysinternals process monitors see which pathway windows accesses when my monitors turn off, but I have no clue on how to identify it because there are so many processes.

If anyone has found a fix, please let me know what u did to fix this. I like to frequently go back and forth on my computer so this issue really sucks.