How to troubleshoot a cpu?

nsngww

I recently purchased a ryzen chip and other PC components. Then, when all was said and done, and the PC was built. (I followed a Joey Delgado build guide, I love that man) I go to turn everything on and no signs of life. We troubleshoot everything and rule out ram and psu to be the issues. So we return the Mobo and hope that that was the extent of our issues. Little did we know, disaster would strike again, we slotted in the new Mobo and then bam! Nothing. We test the psu with a multimeter and realized that in out waiting, the evga psu had left this world in the time it took for Amazon to give us another Mobo. So we got a new psu and this time a seasonic one, yet when all was said and done. Nothing is happening. So I come to you, great forum members, does a dead cpu cause no fans to spin up and the only sign of life is a Mobo led? 

1 minute ago, nsngww said:

I recently purchased a ryzen chip and other PC components. Then, when all was said and done, and the PC was built. (I followed a Joey

Probably just a dead CPU if you've basically tried it in 2 different systems, if you have a local PC shop they may have a spare system lying around to test with.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?