Please I need help with my CPU (Throttling)

I have the HP Omen 17T 2019. Core i9-9880H and RTX 2080.

I took out the 16GB (8x2) 2667MHz RAM that came with the computer and replaced with the 32GB (16x2) 2800MHz XMP RAM sticks that came with my old 2018 Omen with GTX 1080.

I wanted to undervolt my CPU but during stress test, i found out my CPU was Power throttling. Even before Stress test, It was already 'Current/EDP throttling'.

(I didn't install Intel XTU before replacing the RAM sticks but i doubt that's why it's throttling. Lol)

What should I do now? Should I still undervolt? Or what? Please let me know what I should/can do.

(Find images attached below)

Stress.jpg

Info.jpg

Also, do I need to do anything to get the most out of the XMP RAMs I installed?

Seems they are clocked at 2400 instead of 2800.

You have to set an XMP Profile in the Bios to run higher Clocktimes.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

8 minutes ago, Praesi said:

You have to set an XMP Profile in the Bios to run higher Clocktimes.

Okay thanks. I'll go look around in my bios. Anything in particular i should look out for?

Also, any help with my CPU queries?

2 minutes ago, stanley083 said:

Okay thanks. I'll go look around in my bios. Anything in particular i should look out for?

Also, any help with my CPU queries?

I have no Experience in undervolting.

In case of RAM clockspeeds, there should be a drop down menu where you can chose your RAM. There is a sticker on your RAM with a very long Number. That Number has to match. Thats how it works in my Bios tho.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

6 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I have no Experience in undervolting.

In case of RAM clockspeeds, there should be a drop down menu where you can chose your RAM. There is a sticker on your RAM with a very long Number. That Number has to match. Thats how it works in my Bios tho.

My BIOS looks like a proper graphics UI. No such option. But it's fine. I am more concerned about the CPU thing

23 minutes ago, stanley083 said:

@Streetguru can you help?

It's a laptop it was always going to be pretty limited? You can pretty much just set high performance in windows, set the minim CPU speed to 100%, but I'm not sure what else you could do. It doesn't have an unlocked CPU like some laptops.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It's a laptop it was always going to be pretty limited? You can pretty much just set high performance in windows, set the minim CPU speed to 100%, but I'm not sure what else you could do. It doesn't have an unlocked CPU like some laptops.

So, I can just got ahead to give it a -100mv undervolt. Yes? And find my 'sweetspot'?