Building my first rig. Any tips on my specs?

ASUS P9X79 LE
Intel i7-4930k /w Corsair H100i

EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB)

Corsair CX Series 750W Modular PLUS Bronze

CM Storm Stryker

This will be the first rig I ever put together, would like some kind of "seal of approval", so I know im not buying parts that dont work well with eachother.

Any incompatibility issues that I can't see with my nooby eyes?

get a 2x8 kit of the ram

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Power supply is out of place. It will work, but I expected to see something really good having read the rest of the specs.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Well my problem with this rig is, I dont have it. Looking at the specs makes me want to go cry in the corner bcuz I r wantz :(

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

get a 2x8 kit of the ram

That is completely pointless, as X79 takes better advantage of quad channel RAM.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yeah, PSU seems out of place.

Lots of reaaaally high level components, and then an entry grade PSU.

PSU will work, but its just out of place.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Looks legit.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

That is completely pointless, as X79 takes better advantage of quad channel RAM.

ok

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

ASUS P9X79 LE

EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti

CM Storm Stryker

This will be the first rig I ever put together, would like some kind of "seal of approval", so I know im not buying parts that dont work well with eachother.

What are you going to be using this for?

If it's just gaming I would suggest Z87 and an i54670k

Amd drop the dominators, there isn't much point in them.

Yep, get a modular PSU

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

There's no compatibility issues that I can see, but do you really need the six-core CPU and 16 GB of quad-channel RAM (as a first build)? You could save a lot of money by getting a 4770K and only 8 GB of RAM, and your gaming performance wouldn't really be affected..

What's your storage going to look like? 

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Switch dominator plats with vengeance pro, 760i is good,

Please explain the uses, the 1k processor is most likely unnecessary

ASUS P9X79 LE

EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti

CM Storm Stryker

It is an odd build, 16GB on an x79 platform. If would help to know the specs on the memory. It would also help to know how the system will be used as that may affect recommendations on memory speeds and timings.

Glad to hear that the psu has been upgraded to the AX760i. But that is an odd size for an x79 build. If the plan is for a single gpu, the psu is too large. If the plan is to eventually add another one, two, or three gpu the psu is on the small side.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Switch dominator plats with vengeance pro, 760i is good,

Please explain the uses, the 1k processor is most likely unnecessary

woops, i said 1k, i meant 550, 1k is price of 4960x

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.