Camera/Lenses recommendations for under $6k?

Currently have a A7III that's my personal camera that we're using at work. We need a camera that shoots at least 4K content for both photos and videos (if it was video only I'd be looking at the Black Magic Pocket 6K). We thought about going the S1H route but don't know if we want to spend $4k on just a camera body. I'm thinking between the S1 and the A7III unless ya'll have some better recommendations? The big reason I'm worried about the S1 is the lack of lenses potentially. We would be using it for primarily product reviews and events like CES.  

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Eragorn said:

Currently have a A7III that's my personal camera that we're using at work. We need a camera that shoots at least 4K content for both photos

Isn't there a bunch of cheap used canon lenses on the market or something?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

The Panasonic Lumix S1H is a very capable video camera, with very clean 4K output.

I'm going to assume good auto focus capability and low light performance is going to be a major requirement, so I'd would add to your list the Nikon Z6 as a good option; it's a competent video camera, has excellent stills performance, and with the FTZ adapter, has a large selection of either native Z mount lenses or adapted F-mount lenses.

Not knowing everything you need but it sounds like you all are fairly competent have you all though about a Canon EOS R?  its got good auto focus and it will be in your price range with lenses.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:53 PM, Thanatopsis said:

Not knowing everything you need but it sounds like you all are fairly competent have you all though about a Canon EOS R?  its got good auto focus and it will be in your price range with lenses.

I wouldn't recommend the EOS R for what he intends to do with the camera, despite being an owner of a EOS R myself. The video capabilities of the EOS R aren't to the standard other cameras can provide, although AF capability is excellent in video. Specifically, the 4K footage is still on the softer side unlike some other cameras which provide oversampled 6K as 4K, there is a very pronounced rolling shutter effect, and the 4k footage comes with a fairly substantial crop factor.

To my eyes, looking at sample stills pulled from the various 4K video footage, I'd say the Fujifilm XT-3 has everyone beat in terms of image quality out of all the possible camera options.

wile all of this is good advice, to be completely honest I thing the A7III is your best option. mostly because your already familiar with it and you have one already witch means that if you need to run a 2 camera set up in future for any, unknown reason, you can do that without worrying about mating the images in post. And you already have lenses for it (id assume) witch might come in handy... all of these should be major pluses in my humble opinion. so bare that in mind as well as debating technical specs of a pile of different cameras that are all really good in there own ways.

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic 

4 minutes ago, Teradore said:

wile all of this is good advice, to be completely honest I thing the A7III is your best option. mostly because your already familiar with it and you have one already witch means that if you need to run a 2 camera set up in future for any, unknown reason, you can do that without worrying about mating the images in post. And you already have lenses for it (id assume) witch might come in handy... all of these should be major pluses in my humble opinion. so bare that in mind as well as debating technical specs of a pile of different cameras that are all really good in there own ways.

That's what my thoughts are

On 10/19/2019 at 12:43 AM, Teradore said:

Seconded. The A7III is an incredibly versatile camera for both photos and video. I'd take your $6,000 budget and put it towards lenses and some kickass video accessories (sliders, external recorder, external monitor, microphones, gimbal, whatever it is you need). Maybe even invest in a second body, depending on your needs.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Just now, YellowJersey said:

Seconded. The A7III is an incredibly versatile camera for both photos and video. I'd take your $6,000 budget and put it towards lenses and some kickass video accessories (sliders, external recorder, external monitor, microphones, gimbal, whatever it is you need). Maybe even invest in a second body, depending on your needs (though I'd probably hold out to see what the A7s III and A7IV offer, since they're both probably not too far away, given how quickly Sony refreshes their line up).

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

I third(?) the A7lll, you already have one and lenses to go with it so it makes a lot of sense, between the lens selection, image/video quality, great AF for both stills and video, competitive price and other handy features like Dual card slots for photo and video backup its one of the most well rounded bodies for the price. Its not perfect though, the physical ergonomics and menu system could use some work and it has no 10bit recording of any kind for video. If your business get by with 8bit recording & the bodies ergo and menu layout go for the A7lll.

If you need 10bit recording the Z6 from Nikon is worth a look as it can do 10bit via HDMI (and soon RAW recording over HDMI) and with the FTZ adapter you have ample glass selection and the body has been on sale multiple times this year for less the the A7lll

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

9 hours ago, Rollergold said:

I third(?) the A7lll, you already have one and lenses to go with it so it makes a lot of sense, between the lens selection, image/video quality, great AF for both stills and video, competitive price and other handy features like Dual card slots for photo and video backup its one of the most well rounded bodies for the price. Its not perfect though, the physical ergonomics and menu system could use some work and it has no 10bit recording of any kind for video. If business get by with 8bit recording & the bodies ergo and menu layout go for the A7lll.

If you need 10bit recording the Z6 from Nikon is worth a look as it can do 10bit via HDMI (and soon RAW recording over HDMI) and with the FTZ adapter you have ample glass selection and the body has been on sale multiple times this year for less the the A7lll

So we ending up going with an S1 and preordered the new  24-70 that's coming out next week. Basically they don't want me using my a7iii for insurance reasons if it ever get's damaged and already had a gh5 so hopefully the color profile will match one another. We have a partnership with the seller so they sold us the camera and the lens and other gear for a big discount (our $6500 order dropped to $5100). Really hoping I didn't make a mistake in it cause I'm biased towards Sony myself. 

3 hours ago, Eragorn said:

So we ending up going with an S1 and preordered the new  24-70 that's coming out next week. Basically they don't want me using my a7iii for insurance reasons if it ever get's damaged and already had a gh5 so hopefully the color profile will match one another. We have a partnership with the seller so they sold us the camera and the lens and other gear for a big discount (our $6500 order dropped to $5100). Really hoping I didn't make a mistake in it cause I'm biased towards Sony myself. 

For stills (aside from fast tracking for sports) Panny's Contrast Detect/DFD AF should be fine. For video though AF wobbles in and out of focus as it tracks a subject and can be distracting but if you got camera man that can handle manual focus then you should be fine.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

52 minutes ago, Rollergold said:

For stills (aside from fast tracking for sports) Panny's Contrast Detect/DFD AF should be fine. For video though AF wobbles in and out of focus as it tracks a subject and can be distracting but if you got camera man that can handle manual focus then you should be fine.

yeah we do primarily manual focus with the camera on a tripod right now. We will be attending CES in January so autofocus may come in handy but worst case scenario I'll use my a7iii.