AMD Ryzen master

I just built a new pc using Ryzen 3600 and was wondering how to set up ryzen master 2.0 to use PBO on system startup? It seems to be resetting to the default profile everytime I reboot or restart the software. Am I mistaken or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Only way would be to set the settings in the BIOS if you can. Otherwise you will need to boot Ryzen Master up each time and apply the overclock/PBO profile you have set. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I just toyed with ryzen master for the first time last night. I did not have your problems. Select profile 1 or 2 and save before applying. I'm not sure if ryzen master is better than using bios.

On 10/16/2019 at 2:49 PM, Bacon soup said:

I just toyed with ryzen master for the first time last night. I did not have your problems. Select profile 1 or 2 and save before applying. I'm not sure if ryzen master is better than using bios.

Can you confirm through another program, task manager, CPUID etc that its holding your voltage and clocks upon startup? Ive had same issue using profile etc that it doesn't save, i thought it was because it loads it as soon as i start Ryzen Master but after checking with CPUID or even Task Manager first ive noticed mine does not. 

So far as goals for overclocking here is what i found:

i've noticed benchmarks are the best by good margin regular with mild overclock at 1.325V, which ive heard is the safest voltage for a all-core overclock.  Very worthwhile IMO is that temps have gone down under load by about 2-3C over default, and are about 8-10C cooler (while  giving better performance) for me, but my motherboard does not have the ABBA update available, im on older 1.0.0.3, so that may effect things (default of PBO+AutoOC may be more worthwhile with that)

In Cinebench this is what i found, taken from loose averages (R5 3600 on b450 board with ABB 1.0.0.3)

Default:                  3550 average score, temps at 72-74C, 1.39V sustained during test ,quick ramp to 1.41V+ during startup, sticks to 3.9hz
PBO+Auto OC:      3590 average score, temps at 76-78C, 1.4-1.41V sustained during test, ramps to 1.45 on startup, stabailzed at 4.1ghz
Manual Overclock: 3750 average score, temps at 69-71C, 1.325V stable at 4.175ghz
(same score with Per CCX overclock in ryzen master, and both bound to lowest, so the per-ccx feature ryzen master offers isn't worth worrying about atleast for me, but slowly clocking up each CCX till i found stable clocks was useful for finding stable all-core setting)

The one trade-off ive seen wasn't in games etc, but that i noticed voltage stayed higher during idle (1.1-1.2ish instead of 0.9-1.0ish with default), which results in going from 30C temps to 32C at idle, but im happy to trade 2C at idle or low load for -2-3C under heavy load with better performance.  Likewise i suppose this is why the recommended  "safe voltage" 1.325V for all core is much lower then what you see default hitting, but from everything i tested it runs better and cooler where id worry about it doing so, so even if "overclocking is dead" with ryzen, there seems to be practical use for tinkering with it. 

If i had access to ABBA update with my board i'd be tempted to just leave it default though.

3 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

Can you confirm through another program, task manager, CPUID etc that its holding your voltage and clocks upon startup?

I wont be doing any overclocking until december because that is how long it is taking to get the PSU I want. I don't think my current PSU can handle both my new GPU and overclocking. I'll book mark this thread and i'll get back to you.

• 1 month later...

I have also noticed discrepancies with Ryzen Master and actual settings. I am running a Ryzen 7 2700 with a slight overclock from BIOS however Ryzen Master still shows stock speeds as current. All readings outside of Ryzen Master show the OC. I chose to OC from BIOS because I too was having problems getting a Ryzen Master Profile to stick on boot. As far as I can tell, a Ryzen Master OC requires a restart on boot up every time.