Should I change fans usage in Wattman on RX 570 Armor OC 8GB?

skullleeep
Go to solution Solved by Nexxt,

No, Wattman should do it automatically unless you want silence up to a certain temperature. 80°C is getting toastie, 90°C is hot, most cards will survive 100°C+ but not for long. Is recommend having your fans kick up to 100% before 90°C.

The graphics card comes with automatic and zero rpm on for the fan usage. I want to game on the system should I change the fans usage from wattman? And how much is hot for a GPU?

GPU's can get very hot without issue, they also down clock as they overheat as a form of self protection.

If you keep its temps slightly below the rated max temperature you will be fine and will not lose performance. 70c would be my goal for that card but lower can't hurt anything.

No, Wattman should do it automatically unless you want silence up to a certain temperature. 80°C is getting toastie, 90°C is hot, most cards will survive 100°C+ but not for long. Is recommend having your fans kick up to 100% before 90°C.

Well, I actually did adjust my fan speed through Wattman. I make the fan run 20% at 20c and below, 40% at 30c, 60% at 40c, 80% at 50c, 100% at 60c. With that setting, my GPU never hit above 55c at full load and stress test, but the fan is so noisy (well, I don't mind because I usually wear headphone).

For my case, the fan speed however can only reach about 87% (reading taken from Wattman and GPU-Z) when I crank all points to 100%. It still boggles me a little. Maybe GPU-Z and Wattman reports inaccurate? Not enough airflow to the case? Manufacturer limits?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.