Video-Editting and Gaming PC Build

Hi guys,

I live in Australia so my budget is in $AU. I don’t have a lot of disposable money so it absolutely has to be as cheap as possible, it has to be under $700AU. No exceptions. The cheaper the better in this case.

The system is primarily an editing machine, for programs such as after effects and premiere pro however I’m hoping to use it as a gaming rig as well in the future, however for right now a GPU isn’t needed if you think it will be best. I play a lot of first person shooters.

I will need a monitor, keyboard and mouse as well. No OS is needed, nor are headphones/speakers etc.

I’m upgrading as my laptop just died and have no computer at all right now. It can’t be fixed, so I need a new system entirely.

@WoodenMarker @Hazy125

Thanks

Hi guys,

I live in Australia so my budget is in $AU. I don’t have a lot of disposable money so it absolutely has to be as cheap as possible, it has to be under $700AU. No exceptions. The cheaper the better in this case.

The system is primarily an editing machine, for programs such as after effects and premiere pro however I’m hoping to use it as a gaming rig as well in the future, however for right now a GPU isn’t needed if you think it will be best. I play a lot of first person shooters.

I will need a monitor, keyboard and mouse as well. No OS is needed, nor are headphones/speakers etc.

I’m upgrading as my laptop just died and have no computer at all right now. It can’t be fixed, so I need a new system entirely.

@WoodenMarker @Hazy125

Thanks

thats a far stretch due to the aus prices can you find some more money? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

If you bargain hunt you may be able to get a fx6300 for better cpu performance you could go with a i5 and rely on integrated graphics. But I dont know much about buying parts in Australia.

thats a far stretch due to the aus prices can you find some more money? 

Yeh 700 bucks including a monitor and peripherals will leave him with only 500 bucks for the actual pc at best which wont do any good for a video editing rig. I wouldn't really bother until you can spend more

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Yeh 700 bucks including a monitor and peripherals will leave him with only 500 bucks for the actual pc at best which wont do any good for a video editing rig. I wouldn't really bother until you can spend more

At the absolute most I think I could squeeze out $850 if that helps

At the absolute most I think I could squeeze out $850 if that helps

still not enough sorry going to need around $1250 because of ram prices and aus prices sorry 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

still not enough sorry going to need around $1250 because of ram prices and aus prices sorry

If I can make $1250, what would a good build look like?

How so...? I can make a cheap APU based build that renders just fine in PP for just under 650 and a system with a dedicated 650Ti for just over 700.... It's not overly hard at all

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

How so...? I can make a cheap APU based build that renders just fine in PP for just under 650 and a system with a dedicated 650Ti for just over 700.... It's not overly hard at all

true but if you want a good gaming experience and a good editing pc your most likely going to need a gpu 

Specs

true but if you want a good gaming experience and a good editing pc your most likely going to need a gpu 

Read the OP buddy... A low powered PC is better than none in this case. Besides, compared to the older laptop which runs an i5 from memory, the APU is actually kinda a big improvement. So. Any parts ideas or are you just going to say spend more money... Just for lols, here's some premiere APU benchmarks http://community.amd.com/community/amd-blogs/amd/blog/2013/06/17/amd-performance-screams-with-just-released-adobe-photoshop-cc-and-adobe-premiere-pro-cc

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

If I can make $1250, what would a good build look like?

something like this still tight 

CPU:  AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($148.00 @ CPL Online) 
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($39.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  ($114.00 @ CPL Online) 
Memory:  Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($105.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($109.00 @ CPL Online) 
Video Card:  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card  ($318.00 @ CPL Online) 
Case:  Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply:  Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $1092.00
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-05 22:18 EST+1100)

Specs

Nothing that he cant upgrade later though...

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Nothing that he cant upgrade later though...

I have to agree, I would currently like a good base to start off with and I can upgrade in the future once I have extra money to spend, so for right now I would prefer to stick to the budget of around $700-$800AUD

What kind of videos are you editing?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1080p Gaming Videos with commentary

@WoodenMarker

It's doable: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2PJh9

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That plus RAM. RAM tends to be quite useful

I am good at computer

Spoiler

That plus RAM. RAM tends to be quite useful

Oh my bad. Thanks for pointing that out. I was wondering why it was quite cheap. 

In that case, I'd skip the graphics card for the time being: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2PJpO

Oh my bad. Thanks for pointing that out. I was wondering why it was quite cheap. 

In that case, I'd skip the graphics card for the time being: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2PJpO

Woah, when did you go past 20k posts..?

@dumbass get this one, similar to my suggestion but has a beefier CPU/GPU

I am good at computer

Spoiler

In that case, I'd skip the graphics card for the time being: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2PJpO

How long would would a render time be for a 5 minute 1080p video on this build?

It depends on what settings and types of edits you're using.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-2450M-vs-AMD-A8-5600K

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/399/AMD_A8-Series_A8-5600K_vs_Intel_Core_i5_Mobile_i5-2450M_%28PGA%29.html

These numbers don't really mean much to you probably. But basically, at stock, it performs roughly the same as your current CPU, maybe just a little better. But a large difference is that the A8 is not locked. Which means you can overclock it

I am good at computer

Spoiler