UPS recommendation

TANVIR-09

Hi, 

I am new to pc building. I recently bought a pc with Ryzen 5 3600, rx 5700 and a 650watt psu. I am wondering what UPS I should get for it. I only need 5 minutes of backup so I the pc can be safely turned off. I have a 1200va offline UPS in my radar. Will it work? 

I like the APC for value, though size I can't recall on anymore. I got a 7000va or something silly, because I was worried about power being really spotty out here in the middle of nowhere, but we've got underground lines, so it's been shockingly good.

You don't want offline. Go for line-interactive or on-line ... line interactive is cheaper than online. The offline UPSes may be too slow at switching to internal battery and your system may reset randomly.

The VA rating should be about twice the amount your system actually consumes. A regular RX5700 will consume around 185w, the 5700 XT up to around 220w. The rest of the system consumes less than 100w, so your power draw is actually around 350-400w.

o you go with a 750VA+ UPS and you should be fine.

APC is an OK brand, but I'd recommend looking for a model that doesn't have proprietary batteries

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020