Asus x570 Tuf laggy bios navigation

Nomadical

Have had this problem since day one of new build. Mouse is slow and choppy inside the bios. Sometimes it takes multiple clicks to register something. Keyboard is also delayed, it's just overall sluggish feeling.

Came from an Asus z87 Pro mobo with basically the same layout days before and it's very snappy in comparison. So I can tell this isn't normal or just another issue with the x570 platform. Have read a few others have this problem too around online but can't find any solutions.

AMD Ryzen 3800x
Asus x570 Tuf (latest bios)
GTX 1060
16gb Corsair LPX 3600mhz
Wired Logitech G203 mouse

9 minutes ago, Nomadical said:

Have had this problem since day one of new build. Mouse is slow and choppy inside the bios. Sometimes it takes multiple clicks to register

You can try rolling back to an older bios assuming that motherboard has some recovery feature in case of failure.

Or maybe your storage is for some reason causing it, what happens with no storage attached to the motherboard?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Common issue with X570, seen it on three motherboards from two different manufacturers.

If a BIOS update/rollback dose not resolve it try a different mouse; and if that dose not work you may just have to live with it; as it might be your systems configuration.

I would roll back but this latest bios included the AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA update which was the big AMD fix so these cpu's can reach their proper boost speeds. I guess I could still try a previos bios though just to test and see.

I'll also try out a different mouse if I can dig one up. It's just this is such a strange issue. From the other reports online, people believe it's a wireless mouse interefence thing but I'm on a wired mouse. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Tested another mouse and just rolled back bios versions, exact same issue. I guess I'm stuck with it then, must be an x570 issue with certain hardware setups or something.

• 2 months later...

For me disconnecting my Soundblaster X7 fixed the issue.