I bricked my mobo

So i was facing some problems and i decides to update my bios.

I started updating and you know what the electricity gone.

===========

No signal on the monitor Led on mouse and headset lit up but not the keyboard

Fans spinning.

============

Like how unlucky can someobe be that there is a power cut while you are doing a 30 seconds proceedure.

I donth think my mobo has dual bios as it is a Old one and is pretty rare in my area.and they are overpriced af also.

The mobo was msi G41 S03.

Kindly if anyone knows what can i possibly do before buying a new one.

Also i cant order that kit from china So plz understand.

i'm seeing nothing in the manual thats helpful , you can try resetting the cmos but yeah it might be bricked

@Sumolizer Don't order new one, better get knockoff x58 board for 50$ and 6 core 4ghz for 15$ and 16gb of ram for 25$

3 minutes ago, Likwid said:

@Sumolizer Don't order new one, better get knockoff x58 board for 50$ and 6 core 4ghz for 15$ and 16gb of ram for 25$

The prices are horrible here.

Like i3 2nd with mobo costs me around 80$.Thats so unfair and i also gotva Q9650 and 6gb ddr3 ram.

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

i'm seeing nothing in the manual thats helpful , you can try resetting the cmos but yeah it might be bricked

Did resseted it

But still probs continues

I had a blinking cursor at one time on this board....no post no nothing...clearing cmos saved the board which i was sure was gone...if u have a dual bios u may be able to fix the problem even when it looks impossible..i have always been lucky with mobos...brought several back from the dead but was never quite sure how i did it...much better tech-heads here will be able to advise you....dont give up:)

16 hours ago, Caroline said:

Good news: you have an FDD interface so you'll need a proper drive and a diskette

Bad news: you can't use a new computer to format that diskette and load the recovery data into it so you'll have to look for one that can

What is FDd and diskette?

So you mean i should buy a new one and this board is now  paperweight?

On 10/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, Caroline said:

Sometimes I wonder how users jump to those conclusions... oh anyway, that wasn't what I said, at all.

Now a diskette might look like an archaic piece of technology to you if you're under 18, I find particularly funny that kids nowadays call it the "save icon" because most times that's exactly what it does, saves hardware, bricked boards in particular.

Depending on where you live finding diskettes and a drive that's capable of writing data to them, an FDD, might be easy or extremely difficult with this second situation being the most common on developed countries that ditched that tech like 20 years ago. Honestly I wouldn't pay more than $5 for a drive and some cents for the disks, anything over that is a ripoff, that stuff isn't worth a lot but you know a lot of people will take advantage of the scarcity

Thanks For your Explaination !! I really appreciate it.

But i bought a new mobo.