Dual Ethernet port 2 times speed?

Go to solution Solved by mynameisjuan,

Link aggregation (LAG) does not double single stream bandwidth. Traffic is load balanced per MAC/IP/Port and not per packet.

So even with two gig ports LAGd together you can only pull 1 gig for a single stream but you can also pull a gig over the second interface for other traffic, totalling 2gigs overall

Hi y'all so i just brought this super micro server board for my server and its got 2 gigabit Ethernet ports

so after searching the internet for 4 hours and watching dozens of videos i got to the conclusion that this can be used for link aggregation fail over and other stuff but couldn't find anywhere about getting better speeds

so my gaming rig has 2 gig ports so if it connect like both my PC and server is there any way of getting double the speed or something like that

rather than spending more money on better hardware(10Gnic,etc)

twitch.tv/alexonpeace

inkpurple.com

youtube Naveen Techs

Link aggregation (LAG) does not double single stream bandwidth. Traffic is load balanced per MAC/IP/Port and not per packet.

So even with two gig ports LAGd together you can only pull 1 gig for a single stream but you can also pull a gig over the second interface for other traffic, totalling 2gigs overall

so no other way for better speeds huh

thanks

twitch.tv/alexonpeace

inkpurple.com

youtube Naveen Techs