PC incredibly slow after fresh windows 10 install.

After having Windows 10 reinstalled as part of a repair process in a PCBox repair store, my PC is slow enough to be almost unusable. These are my specs:

MB: 970 GAMING (MS-7693)

CPU: AMD FT(tm) - 8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4200Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

RAM: 1x8GB 2x4GB

SSD: One 250GB SSD where the OS and little more is installed.

HDD: One 1TB HDD where the rest of programs and files are.

The PC worked perfectly before taking it to the repair store, except for the monitors losing video from time to time. I took it there to have that problem fixed, and two days later I received it back. Supposedly they simply fixed a faulty connector and did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 on my C drive (The SSD). The video problem is gone, but since then the PC is completely unusable. I've read that after a fresh install you need to give windows time to reinstall updates and everything, and like the ignorant caveman that I am I decided to leave it on for a whole day and night, around 26 hours in total, and then restart it to see if that fixed the problem.

Of course, it didn't. The PC is still slow, to the point where while I was able to play games like Arkham Knight perfectly well with videos, spotify, or discord in the background, sometimes leaving a MOBA open by accident while starting another game and not even noticing it, now I'm having problems running Streets of Rogue alone. Windows Explorer lags, this forum takes almost thirty seconds to load, and as I am writing this the text lags and freezes.

I've tried a few things people have recommended me, like disabling heavy programs at startup, activating my MOBO's OC Genie, resetting window's index and reseating the RAM and CPU cooler in case they weren't installed properly, but nothing has worked.

Did you use the official windows 10 media creation tool to make the USB installation drive?

Did you delete all the partitions on the SSD during the isntallation?

Did you unplug the HDD before installing?

Edited by Enderman

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Did you use the official windows 10 media creation tool to make the USB installation drive?

Did you delete all the partitions on the SSD during the installation?

Did you unplug the HDD before installing?

I was not the one doing the fresh install, it was the repair shop I brought the PC to. If I'm to trust them I assume that they did follow correct procedure (The SSD has no partitions, that I can tell you)

I know that they reinstalled using the official Windows 10 method, since they asked me if my copy was legit and insisted the reinstall would not work without a legit copy.

Can't tell about the HDD having been unplugged or not, is there any way to check?

8 hours ago, RottenLemon said:

I was not the one doing the fresh install, it was the repair shop I brought the PC to. If I'm to trust them I assume that they did follow correct procedure (The SSD has no partitions, that I can tell you)

I know that they reinstalled using the official Windows 10 method, since they asked me if my copy was legit and insisted the reinstall would not work without a legit copy.

Can't tell about the HDD having been unplugged or not, is there any way to check?

First of all, you don't need a windows license to reinstall windows.

And you can take a look in windows admin tools disk management to see if any windows partitions got put on the HDD.

Personally I would do a clean install myself and not let a repair shop do it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020