How much did your rig cost you?

Geekazoid

PLEASE NOTE: If you deem this kind if information too personal than please don't post your answer.

Okay, as the title asks, how much did your rig cost that you currently use right now?

My 6-year old HP Pavilion that I still use (until I can upgrade to the rig in my sig later this year) costs me around AU$1,860+. I kind of wish I had looked into custom PCs before I bought this because I know I could've gotten a lot more for my money, however I didn't really think about a custom PC unfortunately, I was coming from a Windows XP PC with a Pentium 3 CPU clocked @ 933MHz (but stayed around 900MHz for some reason), I believe 768MB - 1GB of RAM and a 20GB main IDE HDD with a second 40GB IDE HDD and an NVIDIA GPU of some kind, so the HP PC was a huge upgrade for me. I won't bug you with the HP system specs as they're listed on these forums somewhere one, twice or thrice. But needless to say, it was considered quite a powerful system back in 2007.

The PC that I plan to build will cost me about AU$2,700+. You may say "that's a lot to spend on a PC" but about AU$634 of that will be spend on a really good colour accurate IPS monitor because I'm a bit OCD about colour accuracy.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Anyway guys, how much did you pay for your build?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

About 2200 with peripherals

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

About $400 :) and works like a charm. At times...

were almost the same buddies 

with the water loop, around $3300 usd

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

About 2200 with peripherals

Same here! Way more than I should have... I did get a lot of stuff for cheap, so in reality I spent more like 1500, but parts added up is more like 2200. It started as a 350 build, but over 4 years has been upgraded a lot ;)

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

According to PC Part Picker, $2,140.89.

This is entirely due to the fact that I live rent free, and have no responsibilities beyond food and gas. This will change inevitably, so I decided now would be the best time to build a PC I could use for a very long time without having to keep buying parts for to upgrade to get a performance level that I find adequate.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

with the water loop, around $3300 usd

That's about AU$3,700+. And I thought mine was going to be expensive. :D

Probably $700

The perfect number. :D

About $2800. I plan to add an h100i, another 780 and a few other small things that's about another $1000 when I'm done. Not counting custom water cooling some day if I decide to  or 3 new monitors I'm going to get.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

loads

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Around $900. I had to buy everything from the monitor, mouse, keyboard, and even a desk.

That's about AU$3,700+. And I thought mine was going to be expensive. :D

It gets up there :) Love the last line of your sig:)

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

According to PC Part Picker, $2,140.89.

This is entirely due to the fact that I live rent free, and have no responsibilities beyond food and gas. This will change inevitably, so I decided now would be the best time to build a PC I could use for a very long time without having to keep buying parts for to upgrade to get a performance level that I find adequate.

Hey! You have the ASUS PB238Q. I was thinking about getting that with my build instead at one point. How're you finding it, does it display pretty accurate colours?

Spent around $3000 + peripherals, might do a few small upgrades here and there when I have time

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

Hey! You have the ASUS PB238Q. I was thinking about getting that with my build instead at one point. How're you finding it, does it display pretty accurate colours?

Yes. It is gorgeous. The onboard speakers aren't bad either. :) I intend to get another for side monitors later. (one day) My next monitor investment will be a 4K 27" one. But that is far off. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It gets up there :) Love the last line of your sig:)

I assume you're talking about the blue text?

I assume you're talking about the blue text?

Yezzur

With all the little things I've done I'm at about 2000$ my setup in total is over 5000$

Yezzur

Well, just spreading the word. :D

Over $800 including everything. (Both screens, case, etc.) The case, motherboard, RAM, and CPU were gifts so that's a pretty big chunk out of what I actually paid for the thing.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($15.00) 

Total: $460.00

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-04 23:19 EST-0500)

cyber monday/black friday

Many Computers

Very Smart

Wow

With all the little things I've done I'm at about 2000$ my setup in total is over 5000$

Whoa! Over 5,000 smackers. Well that setup of yours would have to be pretty darn nice! :D