Which boxes should I keep?

Niel_A

After building my pc, which boxes of the components are important to keep? 

Could I just take a picture of the serial number and throw the box away? 

Motherboard, GPU and PSU are imo the most important boxes to keep as those parts fail the most.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Usually I keep the motherboard box and throw most other stuff in there. If you have an Intel build, especially be sure to keep the socket cover!
Other than that, I keep the GPU and PSU box. For resale value and warranty purposes respectively.

It's a good idea to keep the (optional for your PC) mounting hardware for your cooler.. The RAM packaging is usually so small, I keep it in the motherboard box.

The serial on the packaging will match the serial number on the product, so taking a picture of that is not really of much help.

By the way, you could choose to keep the case packaging (including the foam inside). If you ever want to move the PC as a whole, that is the most convenient box for it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you might ever have need to send something back for warranty replacement, keep the box for the warranty period at least. It's just easier with original packaging. Maybe for the case you can bin it, assuming it arrives ok there isn't much to go wrong with those. That's also quite a space hog too.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible