What's up LTT peeps

firstly, wow this new forum is amazing now, props to Slick and co.

Okay so onto my question :)

I'm waiting for haswell so the build log will at least be 3 months away but that doesn't mean I can't plan aye?

Now the case I am still undecided on, it's either going to be an corsair obsidian case ie: 900d or an silverstone tj07/11

now I already have a fair idea on how to run the loop in the obsidian's but the temjins are giving me pause for thought so can you run a loop as follows;

cpu→gpu→gpu→rad→res→pump→rad

I know it doesn't matter running gpu before cpu or vice versa but what about running rad after rad.

The way the run would be the most aesthetically pleasing imo

Apologies for the wall of text but hopefully it was a good read :)

Optimus

you wont know until the hardware is placed. you can sketch, draw and plan, but until

the hardware is purchased and mounted.. it'd all be a guess.

you already know.. loop order has no bearing on temperatures. once the load has

been reached, eventually, the system will settle to a temp due to rad/fan used.

i'd tried to reroute device, rad, device rad and for short features and time, it was good,

but for long sessions, it didn't matter. once saturated, the plan of rad/fan is key.

airdeano

You got it - what looks good. Other then res outlet to pump intake, the rest don't matter. The water moves so fast through the loop, that the temps equalize pretty fast. So going rad -> rad won't matter much at all. If you check out Tom Logan's Orca build, he did just that, because of the placement of the rads.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

that's awesome i only watched some of his orca video's but I wasn't 100% sure about rad placement

also @ airdeano your right about things not always going to plan but can't but try can't I? =D

It pretty much makes no differance what order you put anything in because the liquid only stays in the rad for a second or two.

hmm sounds like i might just go with my proposed run order eventually afterall, wonder if anyone else has any thoughts but thanks guys/girls

You should go with whatever's aesthetically pleasing.

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake