2 stick doesnt work 1 does?

this is the new build a  friend of mine   did 

,  for some  reason he  can  only  fire the PC  with 1  stick of ram is the A1 slot, if he tries  to boot  with a  a1/b1  it f wont  boot, what is causing this?

You're supposed to use slots A2 and B2 first.

image.png.b3ee9eb42a7fba4789b3fff38f9cae0f.png

Going from the socket side, that's slot 2 and 4.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

You're supposed to use slots A2 and B2 first.

image.png.b3ee9eb42a7fba4789b3fff38f9cae0f.png

Going from the socket side, that's slot 2 and 4.

Told  him to do  that,  said didnt  work,  Ill have it retry it  again,  can it have something to do  with  the  cpu  saying  a2b2 dual channel should be 2667, but his ram are 3000

1 minute ago, blitzilla said:

Told  him to do  that,  said didnt  work,  Ill have it retry it  again,  can it have something to do  with  the  cpu  saying  a2b2 dual channel should be 2667, but his ram are 3000

Nah. The RAM will default to 2133Mhz, unless XAMP/memory overclocking is turned on.

In theory the RAM could be faulty, but that is quite rare. He could try either stick in A2 to confirm both the sticks are alright.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

Nah. The RAM will default to 2133Mhz, unless XAMP/memory overclocking is turned on.

In theory the RAM could be faulty, but that is quite rare. He could try either stick in A2 to confirm both the sticks are alright.

so I should tell him to  turn Xamp/memory  to OFF ?

Just now, blitzilla said:

so I should tell him to  turn Xamp/memory  to OFF ?

That's probably a decent first step in troubleshooting the RAM, if he had turned that setting on, it's probably a good idea to turn it off for now.

If I were him, I would still test both RAM sticks in the known working slot.

Just now, minibois said:

That's probably a decent first step in troubleshooting the RAM, if he had turned that setting on, it's probably a good idea to turn it off for now.

If I were him, I would still test both RAM sticks in the known working slot.

Ill keep up to date,  SO far I know that 1  stick in A1  works

15 minutes ago, blitzilla said:

Ill keep up to date,  SO far I know that 1  stick in A1  works

and what about the other stick in A1?

what we are trying to establish is whether a stick is bad or a slot is bad or if something else entirely is going on, so the first step is you start with a stock BIOS (no XMP or anything like that) and see is Stick A boots in slot A1, if it does shut down and remove Stick A and Replace it with Stick B and see if it boots with Stick B in the A1 slot, if both boot fine that way then the issue is not the ram sticks and that makes us look at a likely defective motherboard, it Stick B doesn't boot then we have a bad RAM stick, it's rare, i've seen 1 bad out of box and 1 failed while using stick of RAM in my nearly 20 years of building, if you have a CD Drive (you may be able to do this off a USB these days) there is a program called Memtest86 it will also show you if there are issues with the RAM.

both sticks  work  when alone  in both a1  and  a2,  if he fires  a2+b2 with a  2nd stick  or  a1+b1 with a  second stick     pc wont boot

also    fans  starts  running but nothing comes on screen when 2  sticks  are in?  whats going on

maybe you can try resetting the cmos?

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X 4.3Ghz (-0.1V)
  • Motherboard
    MSI MEG X570 ACE
  • RAM
    G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) F4-3200C16D-32GTRS
  • GPU
    GeForce RTX™ 3060 EAGLE OC 12G (rev. 2.0)
  • Case
    Cooler Master MASTERBOX MB520 ARGB + Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB
  • Storage
    ADATA XPG SX8100 2TB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD
    ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB 2.5" SSD
    Toshiba X300 4TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache
    TOSHIBA MG06 (MG06ACA10TE) 10TB 3.5 Inch 7200RPM Enterprise SATA Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 FULL MODULAR
  • Display(s)
    Acer KG271B Gaming Monitor (HDR Ready 27" 1920X1080 240Hz) + MSI PRO MP241
  • Cooling