Should i get a smartphone???

ManosMax13

I have noticed that i dont need a smartphone. For some reason i never liked the small screen and that a 300 phone feels slow after just 2 years. So i have been using a galaxy s3 mini only for calls when im out and my parents want to talk to me. I also have a nice 10 inch samsung galaxy tablet for watching content. Then i full blown desktop gaming pc for daily use.

However i have been noticing that i need something portable like in class when i need to snap a quick pic of the teachers notes on the board or for the pc at school to verify my email.

I dont like how phones do almost everything but not well. Not a big enjoyable screen and i cant type quickly because of the size of the keyboard, not as fast as a pc,not that good of a camera compared to dslr's. I am not sure if i should get one whats your opinion.

3 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

No, don’t get a smart phone. If you can live without one then DO!

Agreed.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

You could use your tablet for school if it has a camera, 10 inches isn't massively large and unhandy after all. And if you don't need a smart phone, why bother getting one, even though there are cheap models around.

The old adage applies. Don't buy things you don't need to impress people you don't like with money you don't have. Do you need a smartphone? If the answer is no, then do not buy one.

12 minutes ago, TrainFan2019 said:

Agreed.

There's a button for that.

5 minutes ago, Bramimond said:

The old adage applies. Don't buy things you don't need to impress people you don't like with money you don't have. Do you need a smartphone? If the answer is no, then do not buy one.

It would be helpful which doesnt mean need but having something that will help you is not a waste of money. I cant carry a 10 inch tablet everyday at school.

If you can get a smartphone from a store that allows for returns, you could try using one, and see how you like it. The Motorola G series is known for being a decent budget phone.

:)

16 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

There's a button for that.

I know.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Well if you don't like smartphones because you can't type fast enough on it and stuff, then just don't do it and use it for what you want to do with it, which is taking pictures and answering phone calls. In this case you don't need to invest a lot of money in it.

That's pretty much all my ex-GF used to do with her phone, along with using messaging apps. I miss her.

23 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

It would be helpful which doesnt mean need but having something that will help you is not a waste of money. I cant carry a 10 inch tablet everyday at school.

Having a personal maid is both helpful and a waste of money, unless you earn more money by having her, than you are spending on her. If you have money to waste, it doesn't matter. But if you have money to waste then why even ask the question. If you don't have money to waste it comes down to whether or not you need a smartphone. As far as I can tell you do not need a smartphone, so my advice is to not buy a smartphone, since it's a waste of money.

Should i get a smartphone???...."I have noticed that i dont need a smartphone."

L

O

L