How get new ram to work

Hi wondering if anybody would be able to help me as i am at a loss for what to do next, i have an older system running a z77 saber-tooth mother board with a i5 - 3570k with 2 ddr3 4gbs 1600mhz sticks and i just put some more ram in (extra 8gb ddr3 - 2x4gb sticks 1600mhz). The problem i have run into is that only 8gbs are showing but when i go into bios and go to the voltages for the ram i can see all the sticks of ram showing. So my question is how do i get the extra 8gbs to show on windows so i can start to use it or have i done something wrong.

Thanks

pull one out and boot to windows, see what it says.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Hi Thanks for replying, did not make a difference and i tried removing one 4 stick and still said 8gbs so i tried putting that one back in and took another one out and still nothing new. i know the ram is good as i have swapped the sticks with the older ones and they read fine but when i put old stick the other slots nothing.

2 hours ago, iain_stark said:

Hi Thanks for replying, did not make a difference and i tried removing one 4 stick and still said 8gbs so i tried putting that one back in and took another one out and still nothing new. i know the ram is good as i have swapped the sticks with the older ones and they read fine but when i put old stick the other slots nothing.

and when you go down to 4GB and boot?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

36 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

and when you go down to 4GB and boot?

it will boot in every ram slot apart from dim a2 with 4gb, so from that i am guessing my motherboard is toast?

9 minutes ago, iain_stark said:

it will boot in every ram slot apart from dim a2 with 4gb, so from that i am guessing my motherboard is toast?

no, because if it boots with all 4 installed and windows just reads 8GB only then it's a software problem

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

no, because if it boots with all 4 installed and windows just reads 8GB only then it's a software problem

What do i need to do to solve the issue then? ?

18 minutes ago, iain_stark said:

What do i need to do to solve the issue then? ?

some of these might help

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-isnt-using-all-ram/

Primary PC:

It must be a software issue not displaying all the memory in each of the DIMM slots, I recommend using CPU-Z which is a software that lets you check voltages, fan speed, all your core components, etc much more reliable than whatever software you are happening to use at the time of this post, the download to it will be here: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

On 10/12/2019 at 1:41 AM, DarkONet said:

It must be a software issue not displaying all the memory in each of the DIMM slots, I recommend using CPU-Z which is a software that lets you check voltages, fan speed, all your core components, etc much more reliable than whatever software you are happening to use at the time of this post, the download to it will be here: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Thanks for the suggestion was using ai suit 2 from asus, but here are some more screen shots of it and see if you can make any sense of it.

16gbs.PNG

dimm1.PNG

dimm2.PNG

dimm3.PNG

dimm4.PNG

this pc.PNG

I've had similar issues with windows 10 before, try resetting your cmos by taking out the circular battery from your motherboard and doing a power cycle, then put it back in. That's fixed the issue for me before, I suspect the it has something to do with the mobo and windows 10 not communicating properly.

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

On 10/14/2019 at 3:32 AM, TheDankKoosh said:

I've had similar issues with windows 10 before, try resetting your cmos by taking out the circular battery from your motherboard and doing a power cycle, then put it back in. That's fixed the issue for me before, I suspect the it has something to do with the mobo and windows 10 not communicating properly.

Thanks for the suggestion, have tried it but still not working!