Building New Ryzen Gaming PC

Hello!

I am looking at building a new Mini-ITX gaming system.  Trying to keep it somewhat portable while keeping thermals down without actually going liquid cooling in order to be able to transport as my carry-on luggage when I travel.  I am upgrading from my current system which isn't ideal or as powerful as I want.  From what I have researched this new build should definitely out-perform my current setup.  Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Current Rig:

-  PC:  Alienware Alpha R2 (I7 6700T, 16gb Ram (16x1), Samsung 860 Evo SSD 500GB)

-  External GPU:  Alienware Amplifier with EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Future Build Info:

-  Use:  Gaming/Video Editing

-  Games Played:  Apex Legends, Tarkov, CoD, PUBG, GTA V, Rainbow Six Seige, Remnant from the Ashes

-  # of Monitors: 2 (LG Ultra-wide 29" 1080p and ACER 24" 1080p) - Already own

-  Peripherals:  Steelseries Keyboard (RAW), Razor Naga Hex v2, Razor Tartarus V1 - Already own

-  External Storage:  WD 2tb USBSS - Already own

Build:

MB:  MSI b450i Gaming Plus AC Wifi

CPU:  Ryzen 52600x

GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (Already owned)

RAM:  Ballistix DDR4 2666 16GB (8x2)

Internal Storage:  Samsung 860 Evo (500GB)(Already Own) and Samsung 960 EVO M.2 (250GB Boot Drive)

Cooling:  Noctua Nh-L9a (Low Profile)

PSU:  Seasonic SFX Focus 650W

Case:  Louqe Ghost S1

Ive done some research and I think all of these will fit clearances inside the case but there could be more viable options out there and better cooling solutions but I am still learning about all of this.  I helped my brother build his PC but it was in a full size ATX Tower and he bought a Micro ATX MB without knowing but we managed to make it work.

I guess if you're buying a $270 case then money is not really an issue, but you can save a couple bucks by going with an Intel 660p SSD. Dunno why the 960/970 drives are so expensive. I would recommend going with 300-3200 MHz RAM, I'm sure you've heard Ryzen likes fast RAM, and now that it's so cheap that shouldn't be an issue. The only other thing I might recommend is going with 32GB of RAM if you'll be doing some editing, since ITX boards only have 2 slots So you can't really upgrade without buying new RAM all together.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

26 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

you can save a couple bucks by going with an Intel 660p SSD. Dunno why the 960/970 drives are so expensive.

I wondered that myself until recently. There is a Tech Quickie video that answers that question actually. It was really interesting to learn more about the different NAND flash types that I never knew much about and then it made the pricing make sense. 

56 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

I guess if you're buying a $270 case then money is not really an issue, but you can save a couple bucks by going with an Intel 660p SSD. Dunno why the 960/970 drives are so expensive. I would recommend going with 300-3200 MHz RAM, I'm sure you've heard Ryzen likes fast RAM, and now that it's so cheap that shouldn't be an issue. The only other thing I might recommend is going with 32GB of RAM if you'll be doing some editing, since ITX boards only have 2 slots So you can't really upgrade without buying new RAM all together.

Well the case can be changed out but I haven't really came across anything else with the same build quality or compact size that fits the bill.  Ill definitely look into the 660p SSD and the faster RAM.  Its not much price difference to jump up to 3000 on speed, Ill probably go with a single stick 16gb then go for a second one later.  The price point im aiming for is minimal out of pocket "after" selling my old setup.  I could also just get a cheap case to get the build done and then swap out for the case I want later when I need travel.