4770K $250 at Micro Center (US)

frustratedrocka

So, yeah. Just walked into a Micro Center, and that was the going rate. I had a very, very hard time convincing myself that I didn't need it at that price, but I sucked it up and got the 4670K instead. Figured you guys might want to know about this, though.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/413248/Core_i7_4770K_35GHz_Socket_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

So, yeah. Just walked into a Micro Center, and that was the going rate. I had a very, very hard time convincing myself that I didn't need it at that price, but I sucked it up and got the 4670K instead. Figured you guys might want to know about this, though.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/413248/Core_i7_4770K_35GHz_Socket_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor

For that price I would have gotten the 4770K over the I5 :P

For that price I would have gotten the 4770K over the I5 :P

Yeah, but the i5 was also about $180, and I'm not exactly flush with cash right now. I did have to beg the sales guy to talk me out of it, though.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Damn, why can't they have a microcenter in Florida? I'm stuck with TigerDirect .-.

//ccap

Yeah, but the i5 was also about $180, and I'm not exactly flush with cash right now. I did have to beg the sales guy to talk me out of it, though.

Sounds like every time I go to Frys for a client.... "TELL ME WHY I DON'T NEED A 4960X, HE SAID I CAN SPEND AS MUCH I AS I NEED! I WANT TO USE IT!!!!!"

Damn, why can't they have a microcenter in Florida? I'm stuck with TigerDirect .-.

TopLEL

I got my 3770k for $220 at microcenter around last year. Amazing deal.

A while back it was 200$ :P ( or was 3770k? not sure )

Microcenter has allways low prices when /picked up hw in store/. 250$ i think its pretty usual.

Yeah over Christmas I was skeptical about making an editing rig but then I saw that this was ~$130 off the "original" price and I naturally got it.

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

CPU: i7 8650U  |  GPU: GTX 1060M  |  RAM: 16GB DDR3

How can they afford to do it for so cheap? :o

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

This is a repost but im not going to complain because I love dealz.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Pls come to the north microcenter.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

wow thats 180 euro! thats almost the same cost as the i5 3570k i bought!

i wish it was in europe :(

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

How can they afford to do it for so cheap? :o

they can't sell enough so they're selling for $250. They're just trying to get rid of it. They have had this deal for months now

Where is a Microcenter in Washington State when you need one?!

I know, they need them in Florida too. ^-^

//ccap

Micro Center  has some sweet deals.  But after taxes and the fact I have to drive through houston traffic, I usually decide to purchase online (if I can find free shipping).  

For example...

newegg sells it for $339.99  - $20.00 promo (through tomorrow) =  $319.99 with free shipping 

MicroCenter  $249.99 + $20.62 tax = $270.61 (plus whatever gas money and aggravation driving 1.5 hrs roundtrip through downtown Houston, worst drivers here)

difference is $49.38 (subtract whatever gas costs to drive)

I'd rather pay that difference just to avoid the drive and to keep my sanity

Good deal though

I know, they need them in Florida too. ^-^

Ridiculous, these are $398 here in Australia with an exchange rate of 0.87 AUD/USD. 

So $250 USD = $288 AUD...that's over $100 cheaper. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Where is a Microcenter in Washington State when you need one?!

Tell me about it. Spokane has nothing. 

Yeah, I really want a Microcenter in North Cal. 5 hours of travel is 2much5me

On the other hand, Fry's had a sale for the 3770K for $220 last Christmas and I bought the last one.

A while back it was 200$ :P ( or was 3770k? not sure )

Microcenter has allways low prices when /picked up hw in store/. 250$ i think its pretty usual.

Nope that was the 4770k for 200$. BEST DEAL, I asked a store clerk and they told me people drove 30 miles just to get that deal.