Recommend me some games

Bacon soup

I'm looking for a new multiplayer game. Just built a new PC after a few years away from gaming. I can only afford, and have time for, one game. Which one should I get? I previously played destiny, fallout 4, GTA, battlefied 4, and the division on ps4.

I should state I want new games. I have played most things release before/in 2016

Edited by Bacon soup

GTA, Forza Horizon 4, Forza Motorsport 7, Minecraft, Gmod, CSGO, any one of these.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

I really like Dark Souls 3, and while it's multiplayer is still decently alive it's shaved down to almost nothing but try-hards and twinks, but it also makes a great singleplayer game if that's more your style, and I'd also be willing to play with you if you want/need any help. you can look at ChaseTheBro on YouTube for examples of recent multiplayer. And it's not as hard as most people make it out to be, I promise most of the problems people face is that they rush through the game miss/skip half the stuff and are 20 levels below recommended then get creamed by the higher level bosses.

Other than that more traditional multiplayer games I'd suggest is Rocket League or Warframe, probably rocket league over Warframe tho cause you pay for Warframe with time and cosmetics, but mostly time it's as grindy or even more than Destiny.

local multiplayer I'd recommend Crawl, super fun irl party game, but it doesn't have online in the game

other than that there are tried and true games like CS:GO, Garry's Mod, RainbowSix, TeamFortress, most Battle Royales (Fortnite, PUBG, Apex), etc

edit: and Minecraft, dat's good there are some good servers out there

28 minutes ago, Bacon soup said:

I can only afford, and have time for, one game.

Ghost Recon Wildlands or The Witcher III

Instant 100+ hours from either and they're both gorgeous.

Destiny 2 is now free on Steam if you didn't already know.

I should state I want new games. I have played most things release before/in 2016

these are the games I have. Multiplayer is dead on most of them, or I am bored of them.

0.png

1.png

Then Code:Vein Maybe? it's okay, tho it's multiplayer is more co-op than MMO (released 9/27/19 which was a week ago)

BorderLands 3 is good, tho also not really an MMO

Apex, but that's free so you probably would've already been playing it if you wanted

and the 3 above are AAA games, is that what you're looking for, or smaller?

Mordhau is okay, but I personally didn't super like it and returned it (reviewed overall positive, recent mixed)

Anthem got ripped on but it's actually pretty good, it's just not balls to the wall amazing it was promised to be

As a note a BUNCH of games are going to get released in the near future for upcoming holiday season, so you could also hold for that

2 minutes ago, sauronofmordor said:

As a note a BUNCH of games are going to get released in the near future for upcoming holiday season, so you could also hold for that

yea i noticed doom is coming

23 minutes ago, Bacon soup said:

I should state I want new games. I have played most things release before/in 2016. these are the games I have. Multiplayer is dead on most of them, or I am bored of them.

Pick one of these up and you won't put it down provided you play for a few hours.

Monster Hunter World

Far Cry New Dawn

Far Cry 5

Insurgency Sandstorm

Ghost Recon Wildlands - It's basically The Division meets South America and you can choose to shoot from either 1st or 3rd person. Highly engaging.

Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

6 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Destiny 2 is now free on Steam if you didn't already know.

cheers. Somehow I missed that.

Welcome back to the PC gaming scene. There's actually way more great free-to-play games these days, so you might not even need to spend money (if you don't want) and a lot more with just few dollars.

header.jpg.7b3ee6b9fac0891ec2db0ef4db2bc0c1.jpg

Destiny 2 is now free-to-play on Steam, however the content is not included. That is payed DLC.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1085660/Destiny_2/

header3.jpg.19cc39d7795127555411654577bc2c76.jpg

Since you liked Destiny, I would highly recommend also checking out free-to-play Warframe
https://store.steampowered.com/app/230410/Warframe/

header2.jpg.66c5a1188a4e997195c3dc37aa67fae3.jpg

CS:GO is now free-to-play

https://store.steampowered.com/app/730/CounterStrike_Global_Offensive/

Other than that (on Steam), I would recommend checking the Steam's free-to-play section https://store.steampowered.com/genre/Free to Play/

and there is Steam sale coming soon, so you could wait a little to get a deal on any game.

Epic games store has a weekly free game, not so many multiplayer games yet though

https://www.epicgames.com

Xbox Game Pass for PC has a crazy value, for 3.99$/month you get access to over 100 games, including Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Forza, Metro Exodus and DiRT Rally 2.

Check my Video Game Photos on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snakedrone/ ?

11 hours ago, SnakeDrone said:

Other than that (on Steam), I would recommend checking the Steam's free-to-play section

I second this, just be sure to read the reviews and comments when considering to install games as that's where you'll find what you're getting yourself into.

11 hours ago, SnakeDrone said:

and there is Steam sale coming soon, so you could wait a little to get a deal on any game.

I wouldn't bank on it. The last two years of major Steam sales have been complete let downs when compared to prior years. The prices have been quite insulting to gamers. And seeing decade old games hit the exact same sale prices they hit all year is down right insulting to our intelligence.

The best times of year to get games are always random and outside of major sales.

If you have some good memories about Battlefield 2 and maybe tried Project Reality mod for it - i can with full confidence suggest Squad.

Just check out some videos to see if you are really into it, it's not dead, it's fun when you get into a good and well coordinated squad, it has big maps. It's not super hardcore like Arma, but not as casual as modern Battlefield games either. There are no unlock system or microtransactions either, you buy game and you can just play it and devs add new maps and factions for free.

There is also Rainbow Six Siege but this might be too competetive for one's liking.

7 hours ago, Intransigent said:

I wouldn't bank on it. The last two years of major Steam sales have been complete let downs when compared to prior years. The prices have been quite insulting to gamers. And seeing decade old games hit the exact same sale prices they hit all year is down right insulting to our intelligence.

The best times of year to get games are always random and outside of major sales.

While you are right that there might be better discounts, there's still a huge stack of games on Steam sale cheaper than right now.

So sure, you could wait for a better deal, but that means you are not playing, and especially on multiplayer games it's important to buy them before player base dies down.

Check my Video Game Photos on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snakedrone/ ?

Battlefield 5 is a lot of fun. They just added a Metro map, just like in the good ole days. Close quarters mayhem. People will say that BFV is trash or not as good as previous ones. But I really like it. They've really improved upon it since release. It also has it's own battle royale mode if you're into that. It's a stunning, beautiful game that has a LOT of QOL improvements over previous installations.

Star Wars Battlefront II. Yeah, the one that caused the whole microtransaction controversy. The dumb microtransactions are gone. It's gorgeous. And all the updates have been free. They've added a TON since release. They've added grevious, anakin, obi wan, captain phasma, and more. They added droidekas and some other units. It's a darn good time for a long time.

If you want something brand new, there's Borderlands 3. It's really fun and polished.

RTX 2080 Founders Edition | Ryzen 7 2700x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RTX ALL the things!

6 hours ago, SnakeDrone said:

there's still a huge stack of games on Steam sale cheaper than right now.

Than right now? Sure. Than on random days throughout the year? Nope. Sure you'll find deals but I assure you they are repeat deals. And not just one repeat, numerous repeats. There is one advantage to this and that's to grab one repeat $0.49 to $0.99 deal every single sale. Snagged Half Life 2 last sale and look forward to snagging Episode One next sale. Then Episode Two on the next. Been racking up quite a few hours in just Half Life 2 since I got it for $0.99 July 3rd.

Oh and if anyone reading this hasn't snagged it yet, Estranged Acts I & II have been free on Steam for quite a while now. Just as good as Half Life 2 and look amazing in 1440p. Fun to repeat each one to get all the achievements and they've even been updating them with more achievements and changes very recently.

6 hours ago, SnakeDrone said:

So sure, you could wait for a better deal, but that means you are not playing, and especially on multiplayer games it's important to buy them before player base dies down.

Not sure what you mean here exactly. I understand some games go dead but that doesn't mean other games can't be played. I also don't see any importance of having to buy a game before it goes dead when... other games are alive and kicking. If you miss out on a game, you miss out on a game. Hundreds of other games out there to play.

Oh and some games that go dead can still be played with a very similar experience. It's most definitely rare but there are some games that stay alive with the use of bots. I'll name a few examples so you can grab them if you haven't already. And one of these games should hit around $0.49 to $0.99 during Steam sales.

• Call of Duty Ghosts - bot play is extremely similar to that of online multiplayer. Got this one for $2.99 last year. Beyond worth it for bot play and Extinction.
  • Call of Duty WWII - again, bot play is extremely similar to that of online multiplayer. This one's tough to get for cheap though.
  • Monday Night Combat - the type of dead game I'm referring to that should hit around $0.49 again on the next Steam sale. Bot play is fun on this one and I love that the devs actually centered most of the gameplay around bot play in general.

4 hours ago, DemonicTaco said:

Star Wars Battlefront II. Yeah, the one that caused the whole microtransaction controversy. The dumb microtransactions are gone. It's gorgeous. And all the updates have been free. They've added a TON since release. They've added grevious, anakin, obi wan, captain phasma, and more. They added droidekas and some other units. It's a darn good time for a long time.

? Totally agree. Obtainable for just $4.49 all the time on Origin too. You can get excellent fps using custom graphic settings in it as well and you lose absolutely no visual fidelity whatsoever. One of the few games that looks insanely similar to all ultra using custom settings. They've did an excellent job optimizing this game.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:21 PM, SnakeDrone said:

Xbox Game Pass for PC

I think I'll get this subscription until dying light 2 comes out.

Borderlands series! It's like better version of Fallout, with more guns and vehicles. I generally get bored of open world games half way through, but not with Borderlands and that's an achievement on its own.

Maybe the new PC version of Red Dead 2 for Red Dead online?

On 10/10/2019 at 6:14 AM, RejZoR said:

Borderlands series! It's like better version of Fallout, with more guns and vehicles. I generally get bored of open world games half way through, but not with Borderlands and that's an achievement on its own.

I might look into borderlands. I did not enjoy the last one. I liked the first one more for some reason.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:56 PM, DemonicTaco said:

Battlefield 5 is a lot of fun.

I just played it. I find its like quake, and I'd rather play quake.