im just a lazy loser and i switched to pads years ago

its so nice

they run a little hotter obviously

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

7 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

im just a lazy loser and i switched to pads years ago

its so nice

they run a little hotter obviously

What this have to do with the topic? The paste is probably cheaper because there's no branding and distribution network. Probably some local chinese product.

You can get one on aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/gd900-thermal-grease.html

Just order it if you saw reviews and think its good. 

idk, I use NT-H1 and kryonaut as my main pastes, They're not that expensive, I only really use 1 tube of kryonaut every year or 2, and I get loads of NT-H1 from noctua coolers.

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

idk, I use NT-H1 and kryonaut as my main pastes, They're not that expensive, I only really use 1 tube of kryonaut every year or 2, and I get loads of NT-H1 from noctua coolers.

Exactly, how often do you use thermal paste? A 3-5 times. maybe 7, before it will expire. Going to cheap on 5-10 dollars every 5-7 years is some extreme frugalism. 

What kind of temperature deltas are you getting between that thermal paste and MX-4?

I used to formerly use MX-4 but moved onto Kryonaut, difference between them was 3-5° so easy move for me since I crave as low temperatures as I can get while still keeping my build fairly quiet. The Kryonaut is like 3x as much per ml though.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

It's the same past as a knowen manufacturer I won't name. It's made in China and they sell that without that brand attached.

I been using Maker gel nano and it works great.  But I tested that stuff and it worked good. 

2 minutes ago, sowon said:

I used to formerly use MX-4 but moved onto Kryonaut, difference between them was 3-5° so easy move for me since I crave as low temperatures as I can get while still keeping my build fairly quiet. The Kryonaut is like 3x as much per ml though.

I only see a 1-2c difference between NT-H1 and kryonaut, so I don't use it on CPUs, however on direct die (GPU and laptops ) and delidding I see a much greater difference, more like the 5c.

18 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I only see a 1-2c difference between NT-H1 and kryonaut, so I don't use it on CPUs, however on direct die (GPU and laptops ) and delidding I see a much greater difference, more like the 5c.

Interesting, there was once a time where I considered de-lidding my 8600K but with such good silicon I've got - 5.1GHz 1.30V stable - I'd rather not risk breaking it as I've never de-lidded before, nor do I want to pay another $250 for an 8600K, or God forbid the '9th' gen Intel CPUs.

6 minutes ago, sowon said:

Interesting, there was once a time where I considered de-lidding my 8600K but with such good silicon I've got - 5.1GHz 1.30V stable - I'd rather not risk breaking it as I've never de-lidded before, nor do I want to pay another $250 for an 8600K, or God forbid the '9th' gen Intel CPUs.

I got 5.2ghz at 1.4v with usable temps with my 8600k/clc 280, I ran it at 5ghz@ 1.35v most of the time. how far can you push your 8600k? Delidding got me ~20c cooler at max load, helped me get 5.2.

thermal paste has a curing period and thats the problem with tests between them. some of them have a short curing period and some have a longer one and that can skew results. im not saying that its not better than mx silver im saying it can be a bit hard to tell unless you test both for an extended time

41 minutes ago, sowon said:

What kind of temperature deltas are you getting between that thermal paste and MX-4?

I know for a fact it's keeping my laptop from throttling which no matter how many times i reapplied mx-4 it kept getting to like 92. Got to about 84 max on the 4700mq in the laptop. I've pretty much replaced the thermal paste in all my systems with this stuff and it doesn't break a sweat

34 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

how far can you push your 8600k? Delidding got me ~20c cooler at max load, helped me get 5.2.

I've pushed it up to 5.3GHz 1.4V (unstable of course) which is my absolute limit I can go on the stock TIM. It easily reaches 85+ though.

At a stable 5.1GHz 1.30V, it does 70-75 in worst-case scenarios.

27 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

I know for a fact it's keeping my laptop from throttling which no matter how many times i reapplied mx-4 it kept getting to like 92. Got to about 84 max on the 4700mq in the laptop. I've pretty much replaced the thermal paste in all my systems with this stuff and it doesn't break a sweat

That's some awesome stuff!

59 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

we'll see how it goes in the long run. Generally cheaper stuff doesn't last as long as the "premium" thermal paste brands. but if you dont mind replacing it every few months, then go for itr

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒