NVENC bitrate vs H.264 bitrate

I recently start streaming and I want to upload my archives to youtube. To do this i download the stream from twitch and use windows movie maker (the old one) to add in basic a basic title and end screen and remove anything i don't want on youtube. In OBS my bitrate is 6000Kbps using NVENC. Windows movie maker only outputs H.264 and 6000 makes the archive look like a mess. I am currently space limited so storing the file in a low bitrate as possible without losing quality is my goal. So what bitrate should i set WMM to? or should i use a very high bitrate then use handbrake to put in H.265?

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

If you want to do low bitrate, then h265 is a very good idea.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

DaVinci Resolve is free and much better than the software that comes with Windows.

If you're willing to spend a few dollars, retail copies of Sony Vegas Movie Studio are less than 30$ on Amazon: 

19$ : Amazon.com: VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Platinum - Perfect support for creative video editing: Software

18$ : Amazon.com: Sony Movie Studio 13: Software

For Youtube needs they're perfectly fine, you don't need the most expensive Vegas suite with all the plugins and output formats supported.

Youtube will recompress anything you upload to it, so it's important to give it as much quality you can, and the easiest way to do that is using bitrate. 6000 kbps is just too little and the Windows software has the h264 compressor probably configured for speed and not for retaining quality. In addition to that, the h264 compressor it has may have very few options or it's a lightweight version which simply isn't smart enough to retain loads of quality in the video.

Software like DaVinci or Premiere or Sony Vegas (movie studio, vegas pro, vegas edit etc) have very good h264 compressors so if you select the proper bitrate they'll generate very good quality.

For Youtube, I'd recommend using 15-25 mbps (15000 kbps or higher) and you should upload 1920x1080p or higher.  If your input is near or less than 1280x720, Youtube will use different re-compression options which may make your video even worse looking.