H55 vs. Stock vs. L9i

nkucz

Which would be louder H55 or stock Intel cooler? What would the change in temperature be from the H55 to the Noctua L9i?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Should be about the same, but I don't think H55 is worth it, only buy single 120 rad if you have no height clearance.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

H55 is crap, the rad is too thin. Between the L9i and the stock cooler the L9i is quieter and performs a bit better. I had a 4Ghz oc on my 3570k and still had better temps than the stock cooler.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I think going from the H55 to the L9i will give you an increase in temperature. The L9i is more for running your CPU at stock as quiet as possible, and if you don't have much room to work with. 

In this article, the L9i already hits 65 C at stock, so not much more than a mild overclock will be possible with the L9i.

The H60, little better performing than the H55, can handle 4.5 GHz (in this case) at 69 C.

And the Intel stock cooler is louder than the both of those. 

THE signature

I think going from the H55 to the L9i will give you an increase in temperature. The L9i is more for running your CPU at stock as quiet as possible, and if you don't have much room to work with. 

In this article, the L9i already hits 65 C at stock, so not much more than a mild overclock will be possible with the L9i.

The H60, little better performing than the H55, can handle 4.5 GHz (in this case) at 69 C.

And the Intel stock cooler is louder than the both of those. 

I won't be overclocking at all and currently have an H55, this is a ITX build and I'm looking for silent operation. Sounds like the L9i would be a good choice. 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB