Lighting Node CORE with Corsair LL120 fan?

QRCodeKiller

Hello would I be able to power up and control the RGB of the Corsair LL120 fans using a Lighting Node Core (with a Corsair 6 port RGB fan led hub if needed).

Yes.  Check out the video from Corsair on how to set that up.  Says that the fans have to be from the same series though.

17 minutes ago, JB25304 said:

Yes.  Check out the video from Corsair on how to set that up.  Says that the fans have to be from the same series though.

15 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

it will work

Does that mean I cannot control both my iCue SP120 fans and LL120 fans with 1 Lighting Node Core? Even if I connect a separate RGB fan led hub onto the Lighting Node Core for my LL120 fans?

@QRCodeKiller

According to the video at 45 seconds in, it says that "only fans from a single RGB series can be controlled simultaneously."  There is the link to the video.

https://youtu.be/EbKDfFrAXl0

With that being said, I have never used the Core.  I have a Commander Pro which does allow you to select what series of fan you have for each individual RGB channel, so I know you can control different fan series with it (even with the fan hub.)  Same goes for the Lighting Node Pro (which would come with a 3 pack of fans if you buy the LL series ones anyway.)  The disclaimer in the video would seem to imply that the option to do that would not be available for the Core, but again, I have never used the Core (only the Commander and Lighting Node Pro.)

• 1 month later...

Is the Core sold separately or we have to buy the triptriple fan kit with it?