Good 120mm AIO for silence.

I need to replace my cpu cooler for something quiter. I don't OC my cpu because the last time i did my mobo had rocker switches, silence is the key and I guess people will tell me to get the h80i but was wondering if there are other options

there is cm, thermal take, nzxt, antec and a good fair few others that does AIOs

however, silence is determined by the fans and not the AIO unit in most cases until the pump start whizzing then that's RMA material.

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

If you want ultimate silence, get a air cooler, like the NH-U12S. If you need an AIO, the any of the Corsair, Coolermaster  should be good.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

HA that's a good one. AIO and silence. 

Ehhhm....wa? If you put silent fans on it it'll be just as quiet as anything else. Unless your pump is crap.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

HA that's a good one. AIO and silence.

Why do feel like you need to be an ass?

A good air cooler is much quieter

That's an option, but a water cooler would help my top intake fan with air flow. If I had a bigger air cooler I'd need more fans to cool the gfx card

Why do feel like you need to be an ass?

That's an option, but a water cooler would help my top intake fan with air flow. If I had a bigger air cooler I'd need more fans to cool the gfx card

What case are you using and what is your fan layout? Top should be exhaust. CPU cooler should never add heat to GPU.

Error: 410

What case are you using and what is your fan layout? Top should be exhaust. CPU cooler should never add heat to GPU.

Silverstone SG09, running stock setup, the top fan doesn't add heat to the gpu, I've actually found it does help cool the gpu because it pushes air down and out the side.

My worry is adding a large cpu cooler will decrease the airflow enough to have a negative effect.

Silverstone SG09, running stock setup, the top fan doesn't add heat to the gpu, I've actually found it does help cool the gpu because it pushes air down and out the side.

My worry is adding a large cpu cooler will decrease the airflow enough to have a negative effect.

The only 120mm AIO I'd bother using is an h80i. I assume you're putting it in as exhaust, right? 

The only 120mm AIO I'd bother using is an h80i. I assume you're putting it in as exhaust, right?

Yep.

Yep.

yea, go ahead and get an h80. you might want to get some different fans because the stocks might be too loud for you. 

try it out first and see if you want to replace them or not.

if you're not overclocking an air cooler is a better option for silence.  all you have to worry about is the fan, and you can set a custom fan profile so that it only spins upto a certain rpm.  Zalman even makes a fanless cooler, but I don't know how well it works...

I don't know about other 120 AIO's, but I had a Coolermaster Seidon, and the pumps was actually pretty loud, it had an annoying clicking sound.  Other AIO's may be different...  but I maintain for a non overclocked cpu, a high quality air cooler with a custom fan profile is the way to go for silence.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Get one with a thick radiator either from Cooler Master or Corsair. That way, you'll get the mose surface area out of that 120mm.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn