Please help. Does NZXT H500/H510 come with preinstalled standoffs? Did I do it properly?

wolvaus

I'm very confused here and I'm afraid I have ruined my first PC. I am a complete noob at this.

1. I screwed the motherboard into nine holes like my motherboard manual stated. The motherboard fits perfectly with the IO shield and boots up fine, so no issues there?
  2. The problem is I don't know if I screwed it into the standoffs or directly into the case The case manual is very poor and gives no instructions on this. Also, the plastic bag that came with my case (NZXT H510) only has ONE standoff which is black coloured (not brass). Other than that there is literally nothing else.

I'm freaking out a little cause apparently you can short circuit everything. Here are some photos.

This is what I screwed the motherboard into. Is this correct?

https://imgur.com/a/189bEYD#yhnAogy

And another:

https://imgur.com/a/9zbnbgD#67iQOro

Full picture of what behind the MOBO looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/dnhvSDi

I literally haven't opened the standoff bag that comes with my NZXT H510 because I don't know where to put it. It's only 1 screw thats in the bag. Is it a spare?

Motherboard is ASUS X570-P

Case is NZXT H510 White

CPU is Ryzen 3600

No GPU installed because it's not here yet.

You did screw into standoffs, not the case directly.

6 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

You did screw into standoffs, not the case directly.

So everything is fine then? Nothing to worry about?

When I booted it nothing went wrong but I only kept it on for 15 minutes.

Thanks for replying.

1 minute ago, wolvaus said:

So everything is fine then? Nothing to worry about?

When I booted it nothing went wrong but I only kept it on for 15 minutes.

Thanks for replying.

Yeah, looks fine from what you posted. If there was a short, you'd know right away.

Looks like there are pre-installed standoffs there ? could be an aditional standoff available for using the case with eATX boards?

10 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Yeah, looks fine from what you posted. If there was a short, you'd know right away.

Thanks, no short occurred fortunately. 

Sorry for annoying you again, my motherboard came with this stand-off bag. This is the only one. I didn't install it anywhere because my case manual didn't say what to do with it.

Is this likely just a spare?

IMG_3008.JPG

Like i say it could be a spare or could be for eATX boards / different layouts for the screws on certain boards.

1 minute ago, wolvaus said:

Thanks, no short occurred fortunately. 

Sorry for annoying you again, my motherboard came with this stand-off bag. This is the only one. I didn't install it anywhere because my case manual didn't say what to do with it.

Is this likely just a spare?

Yes, along with a standoff Phillips adapter in case you need to remove any standoffs.

Thank you both.

Really helped clear up my doubts. Now I can just wait for the GPU to come and it's all finished.

• 1 month later...

Hey sorry to revive a solved thread.

Built myself a Nzxt H510 Elite, and I've got the same stand-off screw as shown in the picture 2 posts above. The thing is, I've screwed all but 1 of my motherboard stand-offs, as that lone stand-off does not allow me to screw a screw onto it. It's just a stand-off, which is slightly shorter and when the motherboard is placed, sits flush. Am I supposed to replace that or am I fine just leaving it alone. It won't short anything will it? It's located in the middle, middle row, middle stand-off.

Cheers

10 hours ago, Kibbelhs said:

It's located in the middle, middle row, middle stand-off.

That's the center standoff, it's meant to help you align the motherboard with the rest of the standoffs. It's normal for it not to have screw holes, and it will not short your motherboard.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

That's the center standoff, it's meant to help you align the motherboard with the rest of the standoffs. It's normal for it not to have screw holes, and it will not short your motherboard.

Thank you so much!