No Compromises Enthusiast 4K Gaming Rig/Video Editing Workstation

KoeppColto024470

I'm wondering if I should go AMD for my CPU and GPU as Ryzen 3rd gen runs simular to Intel 9th gen and the new RX 5700XT runs simular to a RTX 2070 Super and is like 250 to 300 USD cheaper depending on brand and model of card. My full total budget is 10K USD including periphrials and a monitor or 2 

4k gaming is 2080 super and up thats barley too.  for gaming and cpu intel stil wins by almost 10 fps in most games talking about the i9 also with adobe intel is still king there for if you are going all out and want the best get a 2080ti and a i9.9900k

2060 and up are good for 1080p 2070 and up are good for 1440p but if ur trying to get more than 60 or even 60 in most new games at 4k 2080ti 

also Amd is more dependent on ram speed and frequency where intel is not as much. also when people say that amd will do better with higher ram speeds so will intel. i know i sound like a team blue and green fanboy but im not i just saying for gaming and editing intel still wins for 1440p you can go with 5700xt but for 4k thats a no. a 2080 ti in borderlands 3 can 60-70 in 4k 

this is a build u can edit it ofc but for all out 4k gaming and editing this is what you are looking at  

Based on you 10k budget 

Oh wow a whole 10 FPS for significantly more money what a bargin. Not to mention X570 and B550 boards are the only boards out right now with PCI-E 4.0. And if you look at CPU Utilization the 9900K uses 30% more of its capacity to get that 10 extra FPS. I'm all about best and no compromises but I also want to spend as little as possible and quite frankly spending 100+ USD for a extra 10 FPS and higher tempatures doesn't seem worth it to me. Not to mention Google one of the most well known companies in the world went from using Intel Xeon to Ryzen 3 

Edit: After doing some more research I've decided to go with AMD and I'll state why. AMD X570 and B550 boards are the only boards currently on the market with support for PCI-E Gen 4. The Crosshair VIII  Series can support up to 3200MHZ Ram without Overlocking vs the MAXIMUS XI Series can only support up to 2666MHZ RAM without overclocking 

1 hour ago, KoeppColto024470 said:

Oh wow a whole 10 FPS for significantly more money what a bargin. Not to mention X570 and B550 boards are the only boards out right now with PCI-E 4.0. And if you look at CPU Utilization the 9900K uses 30% more of its capacity to get that 10 extra FPS. I'm all about best and no compromises but I also want to spend as little as possible and quite frankly spending 100+ USD for a extra 10 FPS and higher tempatures doesn't seem worth it to me. Not to mention Google one of the most well known companies in the world went from using Intel Xeon to Ryzen 3 

Edit: After doing some more research I've decided to go with AMD and I'll state why. AMD X570 and B550 boards are the only boards currently on the market with support for PCI-E Gen 4. The Crosshair VIII  Series can support up to 3200MHZ Ram without Overlocking vs the MAXIMUS XI Series can only support up to 2666MHZ RAM without overclocking 

The B550 boards are not out yet, and they won't support pcie 4.0. Only X570 supports it.

At 4K there is virtually no difference between a 9900K and a Ryzen cpu when gaming.