Fingerprint sensor "not responding" S9

1re

Just recently my S9 fingerprint sensor started displaying a "not responding" message while trying to unlock with it. There hasn't been any physical damage, and it was working less than one day ago.

spacer.png

Android version: 9

Hardware version: rev1.1

Any help appreciated, tyvm.

50 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Try manually unlocking and then removing all fingerprints. Reboot and try adding fingerprints again.

Worked for a bit but getting the same error again

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Did anything of note happen to the phone prior to the fingerprint not working? Installed an app? Android update? Contact with water? Overheating during fast or overnight charging? Unexpected reboot or bootloop? Dropped phone?

For how long have you had this phone? How was it purchased? Is fingerprint what you usually use to unlock it?

I got an update a couple of days prior but it didn't immediately stop working after that. No new apps, no physical damage. I've had the phone for about three months at this point. Fingerprint is what I usually use. Fast charging gets it warm but not seemingly out of the ordinary.

9 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ah. The update could have messed with the fingerprint over time.

Try the solutions outlined in this guide

https://www.technobezz.com/fingerprint-scanner-not-working-on-galaxy-s9-how-to-fix-it/

If nothing works, it might be a firmware update issue. You might have to roll back to older version to get it unfucked.

Nothing's worked so far, will try a rollback later today when I have more time, thanks for your help.