Case cable connections problem

devdeep

Using a be quiet dark base 900 pro rev 2 case with Asus Rog Strix X570-E motherboard.

The case has a cable from the PCB Panel Box at the back of the case (runs LCD, fans etc) and has a cable coming off it which has, what looks like,  a 4 pin "fan connector". The manual states " PWM connector to the motherboard". I am confused as to where on the motherboard this one goes. I have a CHA_Fan1, CHA_Fan2 and an extra CPU Fan connector. Does it connect to one of these please?

There is also a spare motherboard AIO pump connector which I am not using.

Any CHA_Fan connector will do. But make sure that it doesn't pull more than 1A from the motherboard because it can damage it.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

12 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Any CHA_Fan connector will do. But make sure that it doesn't pull more than 1A from the motherboard because it can damage it.

As a newbie you have lost me! How can I ensure that this is not the case. All be Quitet (just responded to my email) is "The PWM Cable can go to any FAN Header on your motherboard. Just make sure you set it to PWM in your BIOS."

1 hour ago, devdeep said:

As a newbie you have lost me! How can I ensure that this is not the case. All be Quitet (just responded to my email) is "The PWM Cable can go to any FAN Header on your motherboard. Just make sure you set it to PWM in your BIOS."

Fan headers on your motherboard can provide maximum of 1 amp each. So if you connect too many fans to it, it may damage the board.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

2 hours ago, devdeep said:

I have the Rog Strix Z390- E and it only has two PWM fan connectors the rest are not, you need to make sure any PWM connection is connected to a PWM compatible header. Consult your motherboard manual or support webpage to figure out which headers are PWM compatible.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, devdeep said:

This fan header that you've located is most likely for the Fan controller on the back of the case.

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=41941

Feel free to plug that into any CHA_Fan header on your motherboard, and then plug all your fans into this fan controller. NOTE: The Fan controller has a SATA power cable coming off of it which supplies the power to the fans, so make sure you plug this in! As @PopsicleHustler pointed out, Motherboard headers can only supply power to a few fans, so this is how many fans can be controlled with only one motherboard header.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25