FIXED )))KINGPIN GPU install, will not boot past BIOS

Drty_stve

So I've been slowly upgrading my PC to be the best I can make it, and I just recently got a KINGPIN 2080 TI GPU, but when I went to install it, it wont boot past the BIOS at all. Everything seems to read fine on the BIOS, and when I save the BIOS settings it just starts right back into the BIOS. Any help appreciated.

BTW, had an EVGA 2080 Super XC before switching to KINGPIN, and it was working without any problems

Also bought everything directly from EVGA or MicroCenter, so I know the vendors are good, and the only recent change was the GPU

Aorus Master Z390

Intel i5-8600k

EVGA G3 1000 W Power Supply

16 GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200 16-18-38

10 minutes ago, Drty_stve said:

KINGPIN 2080 TI GPU

10 minutes ago, Drty_stve said:

Intel i5-8600k

M8. Why.

Make sure it's not on the LN2 bios.

Try updating your motherboard's bios.

Not sure what else would be the issue besides the GPU itself, unless for some reason your PSU is having trouble. Are you using a daisy chain cable or 2 separate cables?

I'm just saying all of that stuff is really overpriced and unnecessary...You don't really gain performance by buying it. Could buy some AMD stock instead it's sure to hit $50...maybe eventually...

Also just curious what's your monitor?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Is your boot drive still showing up?  Anything get unplugged or moved around during install that could have disturbed the drive in any way?

7 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Is your boot drive still showing up?  Anything get unplugged or moved around during install that could have disturbed the drive in any way?

Yeah, all of my drives show up in BIOS

Only thing I changed was I had to add two 8 pin cables to the system

6 hours ago, Blai5e said:

@Drty_stve All 3 8-pin connections plugged in? Tried both non-LN2 BIOS settings?

And yeah, I tried both non LN2 BIOS, and double checked that everything was fully plugged in

I haven't had time to update the BIOS yet, but if that won't work I guess I should try replacing the power cables?

7 hours ago, Streetguru said:

M8. Why.

Make sure it's not on the LN2 bios.

Try updating your motherboard's bios.

Not sure what else would be the issue besides the GPU itself, unless for some reason your PSU is having trouble. Are you using a daisy chain cable or 2 separate cables?

I'm just saying all of that stuff is really overpriced and unnecessary...You don't really gain performance by buying it. Could buy some AMD stock instead it's sure to hit $50...maybe eventually...

Also just curious what's your monitor?

And yeah, I've been buying more stuff for it with each paycheck, so it's kind of a jumble of really good and kind of old components, planning on get a 9900ks next month if they actually drop in time, and currently my monitor is a 75hz 1440p ASUS, cause I've been trying to wait till the PG35VQ comes out to upgrade, but I'm starting get to a little impatient with it...

6 hours ago, Drty_stve said:

You can just buy a 9900K or KF and overclock it to get the same performance for less money, it's unlikely that the KS can overclock much higher when all is said and done even if they're binned.

And your 2080 super is a perfectly fine GPU

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Streetguru said:

You can just buy a 9900K or KF and overclock it to get the same performance for less money, it's unlikely that the KS can overclock much higher when all is said and done even if they're binned.

And your 2080 super is a perfectly fine GPU

Yeah, I just wanted a bit over the top

2 minutes ago, Drty_stve said:

Yeah, I just wanted a bit over the top

I'd suggest returning the 2080ti, as you seem to have an unresolvable issue with it anyways.

and get a 4k 120hz monitor of some kind, since at least you'll never have the replace the monitor.

Then maybe look elsewhere for improvements, like your audio set up, chair, or whatever.

As even the base 2080ti isn't really worth it, especially with your current GPU.

Spoiler

UPDATE

Finally figured out the problem, when I got the GPU I got a new PSU with it, which worked when I tested it with everything but the GPU plugged in, but when I plugged the GPU in, everything started going haywire. It also seemed to screw up the boot drive, so I ended up having to redownload windows.

• 1 year later...

Any updates? My 2080ti kingpin is showing video artifacts on MSI boot screen. By the time it gets to Windows, the card has been disabled by Windows due to error 43 and the iGPU is now casting through the 2080 with lots more artifacts on the screen. I go in Device Manager and this is where I see the device (2080ti) has been disabled due to the card reporting error. I slapped together a completely new system with spare parts (all mostly new) and go the same exact error and artifacts when going into windows for the first time.