New case time...

This is my first thread here, but hopefully not too n00b.

I have a plan to water cool my machine - at some point soon - but am not that keen on taking power tools to hardware for that sake of it - I know my limitations.  ?

What have I got?

R5-3600 on an MSI X470 Gaming Pro; Pure Rock cooler

16GB 3200 Hyper X Predator

Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56

250GB Samsung 840 (system drive)/500GB 850 Evo (games install drive)/ 1TB 7200.11 (storage drive)

Win10 64-bit

The 'elephant in the room' is the Antec P280 it all lives in; my plans for a custom loop don't seem to want to play nice w/ this case, so I'm looking for advice as to where to look (even a manufacturer) for a water cooling based replacement.

Thanks in advance for any input provided.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

I always recommend Fractal Design Cases as they are pretty multi-purpose in regards to whether you decide to air cool or water cool. 

The Define S or S2 have alot of room for pumps and tubes alike. 

As for the parts, Corsair released their Custom loop set so you can look at that. There are other brands like EK as well but they tend to be pricey. GL! 

44 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

The 'elephant in the room' is the Antec P280 it all lives in; my plans for a custom loop don't seem to want to play nice w/ this case, so I'm looking for advice as to where to look (even a manufacturer) for a water cooling based replacement.

What kind of radiators do you want to use?

What's your budget and location (country of origin)?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

What kind of radiators do you want to use?

What's your budget and location (country of origin)?

The last thing I looked at was the EK Fluid Gaming A240 kit... so something of that kind of order; I'm aware that I may not get change from £300 (yes; I'm in the UK) for a custom loop alone - let alone incl. a case - so if I can get a loop & case for... south of £400 (?) I'd be happy.

5 hours ago, AzureNissi said:

As for the parts, Corsair released their Custom loop set so you can look at that. There are other brands like EK as well but they tend to be pricey. GL! 

Not looked at the Corsair kit, yet... it being out there rings a bell (Computex?), so I'll add it to my list of options.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

5 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

The last thing I looked at was the EK Fluid Gaming A240 kit... so something of that kind of order; I'm aware that I may not get change from £300 (yes; I'm in the UK) for a custom loop alone - let alone incl. a case - so if I can get a loop & case for... south of £400 (?) I'd be happy.

If you're looking at just a single 240 or 280, you'll find just about every ATX case on the market supports AT LEAST a 240 rad, most support a 360 rad too at a very low price (Cougar MX330 for example)

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/vYp323/cougar-mx330-atx-mid-tower-case-mx330

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I've had a look at Fractal Design, CoolerMaster, be quiet! & NZXT cases - so far - and can see lots that I like in many of the offerings available.

I will admit I didn't get my RX Vega with a primary view to water cooling it, but the more I've seen of custom loops the more the concept grows on me.  I haven't ruled out water for the graphics, but research so far didn't show that many options for RX Vega (56) 'blocks.

I took a look at the Corsair water cooling offering and nearly fell out of my chair... this side of the pond, EKWB are - at least look to be - cheaper (less expensive, if you prefer).

If it helps, I paid ~£100 for my P280 when I got it approx. 5 yrs ago, so I'm expecting to pay that or a tad more to replace it.

WHY NOT...?!

17 hours ago, Eighjan said:

If it helps, I paid ~£100 for my P280 when I got it approx. 5 yrs ago, so I'm expecting to pay that or a tad more to replace it.

A Smaller but still watercooling capable case:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Y6Crxr/fractal-design-meshify-c-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko-tg

Some slightly larger alterantives:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/G766Mp/cooler-master-mastercase-h500-atx-mid-tower-case-mcm-h500-ignn-s00

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/2mQRsY/phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-es515ptg_bk

Arguably one of the best watercooling capable cases on the market:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/VxRzK8/lian-li-pc-o11dw-atx-full-tower-case-pc-o11dw

Of those 4, the Meshify & the H500 look the nicest, too me.

That Lian-Li is a chunky boi... but a bit too chunky for where my tower needs to live.

Thanks, again

WHY NOT...?!